Friday, January 24, 2014

Eco Lips: Pure & Simple and Classic

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you're having a swell day so far. I realized that I'm quickly running out of Eco Lips balms to share with you, I cannot believe I'm almost done reviewing all 26 balms they sent me! Eco Lips have quickly become some of my most favorite balms, I find myself reaching for them all the time. I hope you've been able to try out some because I think they're pretty wonderful.

Company: Eco Lips

Flavors: Coconut (Purple & Simple), Grape (Pure & Simple), Kiwi Strawberry (Pure & Simple), Berry (Classic), Mint (Classic), and Sport (Classic). The Coconut is a really warm, toasty scent. It smells of creamy tropical coconut. To me it's more like a coconut cream scent than just a simple coconut scent, it sure does smell heavenly! The Grape is one I knew I probably wouldn't like, I don't like anything grape flavored except green grapes. But, this one wasn't so bad. It does indeed smell just like a grape sucker or candy and it's kind of growing on me, the scent is actually pretty lovely. If you're a fan of anything grape, this is probably a balm you'll want to try. The Kiwi Strawberry smells just like you'd assume, like sweet, ripe strawberries combined with slightly tart tropical kiwis. When I was a kid, well even up until now, I did not like anything Kiwi Strawberry, I didn't even like kiwis until about two years ago. This balm, however, smells pretty great. The Berry smells wonderful! A rich, bright berry scent. I can't really detect which berries make up the scent, but my guess would be strawberry and maybe raspberry and wild berry. Either way, it smells yummy! The Mint smells mostly of spearmint although there is a little bit of peppermint in there as well. It reminds me of Trader Johann's Virtuoso lip balm. It's just a classic mint balm, what more could you ask for? The Sport has almost no scent to me, it smells a little of vanilla, but not a whole lot. When I first sniffed it its smell reminded me of clarinet reeds, oh the good ol' days of being in band.

Wear: These balms feel firm, but then they go on so smooth. Slightly creamy, but a little more on the oily side. My lips feel a bit slick when I wear one of these. These are definitely lightweight and feel like they go on a bit thinner than most other balms I use, but at the same time it doesn't feel like I need to put anymore on. So I suppose a little goes a long way with these. The consistency kind of reminds me of Crazy Rumors or ForGoodnessGrape balms, except, like I said, slightly more slick. The Classic line balms also have SPFs of at least 15, the Sport has 30. I'll be tucking that one into my running jacket.

Packaging: These come in your average sized lip balm tubes, each one has a label that is colored to correspond to the flavor of the balm. The flavor of the balm is printed clear on the front beneath the company name. Simple, classic, not flashy.

Price: The Pure & Simple balms go for $1.99 each and the Classic balms are $2.49, which are both insanely great prices for these balms. That price point allows you to try more than one if you'd like!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price, Made with Organic Ingredients
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. I really liked these lines from Eco Lips and see myself using them a lot in the near (and distant) future. I'd definitely recommend them!

Ingredients: 
Coconut: *Organic Sunflower Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Organic Coconut Flavor, *Organic Vanilla Flavor, Vitamin E
Grape: *Organic Sunflower Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Organic Grape Flavor, Vitamin E
Kiwi Strawberry: *Organic Sunflower Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Organic Kiwi Flavor, *Organic Strawberry Flavor, Vitamin E
Berry: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Oxybenzone (3%). Main Ingredients: *Organic Sunflower Seed Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Cocoa Butter, *Organic Coconut Oil, *Organic Berry Flavor, *Organic Aloe Vera Oil, Vitamin E, *Organic Rosemary Extract, *Organic Calendula Extract.
Mint: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Oxybenzone (3%). Main Ingredients: *Organic Sunflower Seed Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Cocoa Butter, *Organic Coconut Oil, *Organic Essential Oil of Spearmint, *Organic Essential Oil of Peppermint, *Organic Aloe Vera Oil, Vitamin E, *Organic Rosemary Extract, *Organic Calendula Extract.
Sport:Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (4%), Avobenzone (1%). Main Ingredients: *Organic Sunflower Seed Oil, *Organic Beewax, Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Cocoa Butter, *Organic Coconut Oil, *Organic Vanilla Flavor, *Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Vitamin E, *Organic Calendula Extract.

Have you tried these lines from Eco Lips yet? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...