Saturday, January 11, 2014

LWF Seasonal Lip Balms: Winter 2013

I know I kind of missed posting this before 2013 was over, but there was so many other things being written about that I figured since this subscription installment covers all of winter, it would be okay to post a little into the new year. I really like this seasonal subscription because I really forget that it's coming, I don't really pay attention for when I should expect it, so it's always a surprise! Even more so than my monthly lip balm subscriptions I used to get which I always happened to forget about until they showed up in my mailbox.

Company: Long Winter Farm

Flavors: Peppermint Hot Cocoa, Chocolate Butterscotch, and Coquito. Like I've said in previous reviews, I really like LWF's Peppermint Hot Cocoa. It's a great blend of chocolatey goodness and tingly peppermint. It's one of my winter staples that I order every year. This year I already ordered myself one, so this tube is one of the prizes in my current giveaway! The Chocolate Butterscotch smells deliciously of rich chocolate and even richer, creamy butterscotch. Butterscotch is definitely one of my guilty pleasures during the winter! I love eating butterscotch chips right out of the bag. This definitely has the same intoxicating scent butterscotch has. Coquito is probably one of my most favorite LWF balms. It smells so creamy and a little spicy, which makes sense since it's supposed to smell like coconut milk, rum, and cinnamon! Absolutely wonderful!

Wear: These balms go on nice and creamy. They're a little on the firmer side in the tube, but once you start putting them on your lips they melt right into them. I would say that these are almost on par with the consistency of Orange Thyme balms. These balms are lightweight too, it never feels like my lips are being bogged down with too much product. It also doesn't feel like balm is just sitting on top of my lips. I can get a good 2 or 3 hours out of these before I have to put on some more.

Packaging: These come in oval shaped tubes with beautifully designed labels. The labels each have the flavor of the balm printed right on front and have colored bands that correspond to the flavor of the balm. You always know which one you're reaching for! I really like oval tubes because the balms don't roll away (some of my circular tubes have rolled onto the floor and cracked the balm inside, which usually causes the balm to be lodged in the cap and a quarter of the balm broken off the rest).

Price: $4 per tube which is a reasonable price to pay for one of these balms.

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. Even though I got a repeat of a balm I already own, I'm still happy with this subscription because it brought me the Coquito balm which I never leave the house without! I'd highly recommend trying out individual Long Winter Farm balms (or any other LWF products, really) or the seasonal subscription if you haven't yet!

Ingredients: Natural Beeswax, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed & Jojoba Oils, Cocoa & Unrefined Shea Butters, Vitamin E, Flavor Oil

Have you signed up for LWF's Seasonal subscription yet? What did you think of these Winter balms?

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway for lip balm and an Etsy giftcard here!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...