Thursday, January 30, 2014

Rooted Beauty Part II

Hi everyone! Today's post is kind of a continuation of my last Rooted Beauty review. I've been really loving their lip balms, but their other products are to die for! I couldn't wait to tell you about them! I apologize about the abundance of facial product reviews this week, but I use them almost more than I use lip balm, so it was just kind of natural for me to start writing about them!

Company: Rooted Beauty

Products: Facial Wipes, Facial Moisturizer, and  Facial Cleanser. I love the scent of these Facial Wipes! They're scented in Raspberry Citrus and it is just such an invigorating scent. It's so bright and fruity and just has the most wonderful scent. The Facial Moisturizer and Facial Cleanser are both scented in Mango Passion and they smell just as lovely as the facial wipes! They have a tropical, fruity yet light scent.Seriously these products just have the most fantastic scents!

Wear: The Facial Wipes are probably the most moist facial wipes I've ever used, they're really wet and sometimes have little bubbles on them that reminds me of soap. But they're also the BEST facial wipes I've ever used (and I've used a TON in addition to different makeup removers). Of course they make my face feel fresh and clean, but they also remove all of my makeup! Even stubborn mascara and liquid eye liner. This stuff is amazing. It's the only makeup remover/facial wipe I'll use now when I wear makeup. The Facial Cleanser feels great and does a good job at cleaning my face (is that weird to say?). I use it almost every day, so it's pretty gentle to use that often. I often go for runs, attend hot yoga classes, and spend lots of time in the gym so I find myself having to wash my face more often because of all the sweat. Even the days I use this cleanser twice, my skin holds up and feels great. Not too dry or damaging. If I'm using this cleanser earlier in the day I tend to follow it up with the Facial Moisturizer because it's pretty lightweight, I save my heavy (or heavier) duty stuff for nighttime. When the moisturizer is absorbing it kind of makes my face feel stiff and dry, but then my face feels nice and soft the rest of the day. The moisturizer is made with Thanaka which is something I actually grew up with because my grandma uses it constantly on her face. Thanaka is kind of a Burmese beauty secret, it's made into a paste and left to dry on your face (which is why I think the moisturizer feels like it's dry and stiff for a little while). Lots of the older women in my family use it and have been using it since they were young! (I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm Burmese and no one ever knows what that is so it was really neat for me to see something from my culture used in a mainstream product!).

Packaging: The Facial Wipes come in the usual industry standard type packaging, a peel and seal package. The Facial Cleanser also comes in a pretty usual squeeze tube. The Facial Moisturizer comes in a small pump bottle with a cap. Each one has brightly designed packaging with colors that are super eye catching. The packaging is really just lovely.

Price: You can get all three of these in a set for $26.99 or buy them each separately. Separately the Facial Wipes are $6.99, Facial Cleanser is $9.99, and Facial Moisturizer is $14.99. Each price seems pretty reasonable, especially since these will last a while! (Maybe not the Facial Wipes if you wear make up frequently, there are only 25 in each package.)

Overall
Pros: Each Product, Packaging, Price, Wear
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. I love these Rooted Beauty products, I think I even like the facial products more than the lip balms! If any of these interest you at all, I'd definitely recommend you try them! Plus, a portion of each product sold goes to support a woman to escape oppression. Good products and a good cause, what more could you want?

Ingredients: 
Facial Wipes: Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf/Twig Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Coffee Arabica (Green Coffee) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Cholride, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol
Facial Cleanser: Aqua, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Extract, Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Propanediol, Citric Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Molasses, Guar Gum, Caprylic Acid, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Extract (and) Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Extract (and) Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (and) Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (and) Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (and) Clematis Vitalba (and) Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract (and) Pyrus Communis (Pear) Extract (and) Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract (and) Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract (and) Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract (and) Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (and) Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract (and) Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate
Facial Moisturizer: Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Limonia Acidissima Bark (Thanaka) Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Extract (and) Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Extract (and) Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (and) Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (and) Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (and) Clematis Vitalba (and) Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract (and) Pyrus Communis (Pear) Extract (and) Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract (and) Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract (and) Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract (and) Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (and) Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alchohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Tapioca Starch, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Lecithin, Molasses, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate

Have you tried these Rooted Beauty products before? What did you think of them? If you haven't tried them, do you think you might in the future?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I missed out on the Black Friday sale, but I'm conveniently running out of facial wipes, wash and moisturizer all at the same time so I think I'll place an order. And even though I will probably never run out of lip balm, these look really fun to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...