Thursday, August 16, 2012

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Butters

A few weeks ago I showed you a sneak peak of my big haul from Woodman's when I spent the day in Wisconsin with my boyfriend to attend the Renaissance Fair and spend some time with our friends. Included in my haul from that day were two lip butters by Palmer's. A few months back I reviewed Palmer's Moisturizing Lip Balm (found here) and quickly noticed on their website that they had lip butters in a tube that I had never seen before. I was immediately intrigued and on the look out for them every where I went. I'm so glad we went to Woodman's because they were the first two things I noticed in their HUGE selection of lip balm. Let's see how these lip butters compare to their lip balm counterpart, shall we?

Sorry this picture is not of my usual quality, the boyfriend
wanted to take the pictures and be "artsy" so this is what I
ended up with when I checked the pictures over.
Company: Palmer's

Flavors: Dark Chocolate & Cherry and Dark Chocolate & Peppermint. These flavors are phenomenal! The Dark Chocolate & Cherry is exactly like a chocolate dipped cherry and is so rich and decadent. It definitely exceeded my expectations. The Dark Chocolate & Peppermint is an amazing mix of chocolate and mint. It's wonderful! I don't think there's anything else I can say about these flavors. They're just wonderful and even better than I expected.

Wear: Since these come in squeeze tubes they cover beautifully. You squeeze the amount of lip butter you need and apply. A little goes a long way since it's got the consistency of a gloss over a lip balm. What I love about this not being a gloss and actually having a moisturizing component is that when my lips are super chapped this applies flawlessly. I don't have to worry about it getting caught on the chapped parts of my lips. These really soften my lips and adds a nice shine to my lips. They also last about an hour and a half or more but I ate and drank while wearing them which obviously made them last a little less than usual.

Packaging: These lip butters come in white squeeze tubes that contain more product than your average sized lip balm. There's a lot of words on the front but it tells you everything you need to know.

Price: I paid $1.89 for a tube but online it retails for $3.30 from their website. This price isn't so bad for the amount of product you get, plus the flavors are phenomenal! I definitely think I got a great deal paying less than $2 per tube!

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Price
Cons: Packaging label is a little cluttered, obviously not a deal breaker, not natural

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists (or should I say squeezes?). These are pretty great, if you like chocolate covered cherries or chocolate mixed with mint, you should definitely give these a try!

Ingredients: 
Dark Chocolate & Peppermint: Petrolatum, Cocoa Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peppermint Oil, Flavor.
Dark Chocolate & Cherry: Petrolatum, Cocoa Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor, Saccharin. 

Have you tried these lip butters before? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...