Thursday, April 25, 2013

Guest Review: Petite Threla

Hi all! I have yet another guest review for you today! Blaire from Dirtsy.com is here today to share with you her review on one of my favorite shops! Here's a little bit about Blaire: She is an indie Bath & Beauty junkie who bought 52 lip balms (in the same week!) after reading Lip Balm Wrangler (oops! I have a bad habit of doing that). She blogs about turning craft to business at dirtsy.com. Thank you, Blaire for sharing this review with us! I hope you all enjoy!
--------------------------
Hi everyone! I have a confession to make: I LOVE PetiteThrela. The "I would be totally devastated if you were gone" kind of love. PetiteThrela was one of the first bath and body shops I bought from. I never knew there were so many handmade B&B products out there and being the B&B junkie that I was, I splurged, I waited and I was hooked. I started with two lip glaces and four lip balms. TH was awesome and even added two scrub samples. She's cool like that. Fast forward almost three years later and I'm an addict with regular hauls.

Company: Petite Threla

Flavors: Yuzu, Pomegranate, Watermelon, Coca Cola, Jasmine. Yuzu is one of my favorite fruits. If you haven't eaten one before, give it a try; it's a large Asian grapefruit that's deliciously aromatic. TH captures the fresh citrus of Yuzu just right in this lip balm. It's as light as the fruit itself and is just as edible. Pomegranate is one of my latest hauls. The best part about PetiteThrela's balms is the fact that they are true to the fruit itself, instead of smelling like a candy version. Pomegranate is so real you can actually make out notes of the peel in the background. Watermelon is sweet and ripe, awesome for summer! Coca Cola is perfectly bottled in this lip balm. It's sweet and fizzy like the drink and you can almost smell the bubbles! Jasmine is made with real Jasmine Absolute, and reminds me of the trees in my old school yard. I used to sit under them during lunch time and let the gentle scent of jasmine sweep over. Sublime.

Wear: These lip balms go on incredibly smooth and have amazing texture. They're buttery without being goopy and I can barely feel them on my lips- a huge bonus since I hate heavy lip balms. These moisturize without being sticky; so light-weight they can be used under lipstick. One thing to note is the high heat-resistance of these balms despite being so buttery. They managed to survive sitting in a desert mailbox without melting.

Packaging: Each lip balm comes in a translucent tube and has the cutest label. The name of the flavor is written in large font with clip art of the fruit used as a background. This is one of the best forms of consistent branding I've seen.

Price: $3.5 per balm or $9 for a sampler pack.

Overall:
Pros: Wear, price and customer service.
Cons: PetiteThrela has over 60 flavors and they regularly add more. Stop it, TH, you're making trying out all your flavors that much harder!

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists!

Ingredients: beeswax, coconut oil, mango butter, sweet almond oil, safflower oil, aloe vera oil, soybean oil, vitamin E, lecithin (soy, certified non GMO), natural flavors, stevia (in select lip balms)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I've actually got 4 more Petite Threla balms on the way. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Blaire, for a great review! I could not agree with you more; LOVE Petite Threla and TH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered 3 balms after reading this review! Can't wait to try them! Especially excited about the Yuzu, I've never had a Yuzu balm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to love it! The freshness is almost floral, it's very different from most citrus fruits :)

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...