Monday, April 1, 2013

Mini Monday 4.1.13

Happy April Fool's Day! Do people say that? I'm not sure, but wherever you are today and whatever you're doing, I hope any pranks you experience are mild and friendly and not totally awful. Anyway, I can't believe it's April already! I don't know if I've shared this with you all yet or not, but about a week and a half ago my boyfriend and I planned a spontaneous trip to Hawaii this month! So this month is going to be full of two a days at the gym and dieting and preparing for the trip! I've never been to Hawaii so I'm super excited! We meant to go to celebrate our anniversary in August, but this month was a LOT cheaper so we figured we'd go now. So if you've got any tips or must-dos in Hawaii, I'd love to hear them! Anyway, I'll stop ranting now and give you this week's mini Monday:

This balm is super citrusy! It smells refreshing, tart and a little sour, just like a real lime. It really makes me crave a slice of Key Lime pie.

Little Batch's Marshmallow Fluff
I'm not a huge fan of marshmallow balms usually, but I really wanted to try this balm. It was a warm scent to it. It smells lightly of fluffy, sugary marshmallows. It's lovely!

Symbolic Imports' Pink Lemonade
This balm smells lightly of sweet lemonade with just a little bit of fresh strawberry, it will definitely be great for summer!

I hope you enjoyed this week's Mini Monday!
Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. I would recommend going four-wheeling in Hawaii! What island are you going to? Kualoa Ranch has four-wheeling and horseback riding. There's also some great food to be found at farmers markets! If you make it over to the Big Island, Hapuna Beach is the best! Hope you find some great lip balms there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to say Kualoa Ranch on Oahu. :)

      Delete
    2. I've never been four-wheeling before! That sounds so exciting! We're going to Honolulu so I think that's Oahu, right? Wow I must sound so dumb, I've never been to Hawaii before so this is kind of a "let's see what happens if we go here" kind of thing.

      I'm definitely excited about the lip balms, my friend always brings back about 15 tubes for me whenever she goes to Hawaii so I'm definitely excited to pick them out myself this time =).

      Thank you for your recommendations! I will definitely put them on our list of "must-dos" in Hawaii.

      --Christina

      Delete
  2. Oh man I love Hawaii! What island(s) are you visiting? Have you been before? I want to gush and be all excited with you!! If you go to Oahu and you want to have some good local-style food, head up to the Kahuku Superette:

    Address: 56-505 Kamehameha Highway, Kahuku, HI (not far from the North Shore)
    Phone: 96731(808) 293-9878
    Hours: Monday through Sunday 6 am – 10 pm

    It looks like a total hole in the wall convenience store, but they have the BEST poke and rice bowl on the Island. Then go a little bit farther down to Romy's Shrimp and Prawn Co. (right beside the pools were they farm the shrimp)! It's a little bit of a drive from Honolulu area, but so worth it! Oh man, I want to go back....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm visiting Oahu, not sure if we're doing any island hopping yet. I've never, ever been there before so I'm really excited! My boyfriend went once when he was like 16, so it's been a while for him. Yay! Gush and be excited with me!

      Thank you for giving me the address and all that information! That will definitely come in handy as we plan our trip!

      If you think of anything else, please let me know! I want to make sure that I don't miss out on anything!

      --Christina

      Delete
    2. I am both excited and JEALOUS!! Most of my recommendations would be food-related, as that tends to be a big draw for me...lol. But really, there are so many beautiful sights to see and interesting things to do on Oahu, you almost can't go wrong. Even if you just loll on the beach most of the time, it will still be amazing :)

      Delete
    3. Haha that's good for me! I lovveeee food! I hope to eat as much good food as possible while I'm there.

      That's what we figured too. We're trying to plan all these activities to do but we both agreed that just being there and enjoying the weather would be good enough for us!

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...