Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Roxxy's Star Cosmetics

A little while ago I was contacted by Roxxy at Roxxy Star Cosmetics to see if I wanted to try some of her balms. I quickly gave her shop a look through and found a few flavors that interested me. There was one that was super unique and I knew I had to try!

Company: Roxxy's Star Cosmetics

Flavors: Lemon, Tiki Punch, and Prickly Pear. The Lemon smells like sweet and refreshing lemon, like lemon with a little bit of sugar. It's a perfect lemon lip balm, and you all know by now how I'm a sucker for anything with lemon! The Tiki Punch smells like a very tropical fruit punch. I can't pick out which fruits are in it, but it is super fruity but not too overpowering in scent. The Prickly Pear was the one I was most interested in trying. I've never had a prickly pear balm before and I had only ever smelled prickly pear once before and it was a prickly pear white balsamic vinegar. I remember that smelling so sweet and delicious, so I knew this would probably smell very similar! This smells just like candy, it's very sweet and super unique. It's really hard for me to describe the scent of this, but it's really wonderful! Rob thinks it smells like Pear Jelly Bellies but I don't agree. Seriously, though, this balm smells incredible!

Wear: These balms go on so smooth! There's no fight in them at all, they glide right on. They also go on a little thinner than other balms but it's not a bad thing, it doesn't feel like there needs to be anymore on my lips. These balms apply just the right amount of balm and they make my lips feel nice and soft!

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized lip balm tubes and Roxxy designed the labels special for me! I had no idea that she was going to do that and I've never had that done before so it was super cool and special for me. My balms say "This lip balm was made for Christina" on the labels with my name in a heart. The flavors of the balms are written on the part of the label that overlaps onto the lid that is used as the safety seal.

Price: $4 per tube which is at the higher end of my lip balm budget and I try to limit how many $4 balms I buy, but it is pretty competitively priced so I would probably pay $4 in the future to try some more flavors.

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. There are some really unique flavors in Roxxy's shop and I would definitely encourage you to try a few, at least the prickly pear because I mean, come on, where else are you going to find a prickly pear lip balm? I was very happy with these balms from Roxxy's Star Cosmetics!

Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Flavoring

Have you tried Roxxy's balms before? What did you think of them?
-------------------
These balms were provided complimentary to me by Roxxy at Roxxy's Star Cosmetics, however, all opinions are strictly my own! Thank you, Roxxy, for the wonderful opportunity to try your balms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...