Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Best of 2012 Lip Balms

I know this post is way late (uh, hello Christina, it's February 2013), but I had a reader a little while ago ask me to compile a list of what I thought were the  "Best Balms of 2012". I had actually thought of doing this before, but never followed through on it. But, now that it's been asked of me, I thought I'd give my opinion on what I thought were some of the best balms I used in 2012. Of course, there were many other balms I haven't tried that I'm sure were just as amazing as the ones on my list. I just want to share with you the ones that really stuck out to me and are some of my favorites from last year. I spent a long time compiling this list and then an even longer time trying to locate all of the balms on the list, and then an even longer time creating this post. While going through my giant collection, I came across so many more that I had forgotten about that were simply amazing. It's been such a wonderful experience creating this post for you all! I tried really hard to only include balms I actually reviewed in 2012 (as opposed to received and used in 2012), but a few balms slipped their way into this list. Enjoy!  Oh, also these are in no particular order!


(review, review, I now realize that the Lemon Mint should have been reviewed in my last review of Epically Epic, which falls into this year. Oops! I will have to find a place for that to be reviewed)

(review, review, review, review; Another balm should be included here but I could not find it for the life of me! It was Rachel's Pineapple Cherry, so good!)

Fresh & Natural Co. (Previously Lush Lip Candy)



(review, review, and I realized I haven't even reviewed Cream Soda yet, oops! It's just really good!)









Lemon Citrus




Phew! I hope you all enjoyed that!

I think it's really silly, yet awesome how my blog has changed since I started this in January 2012. It's crazy for me to see the differences in my posts. You could definitely tell I had no idea what I was doing when I first started this blog; I have a better idea of what I want to do with this blog now, but I definitely have a long way to go and a lot more learning to do! I don't know how many of you have actually seen my first reviews, but some of those links will take you to them.

What were your favorite balms of 2012?

***Don't forget to enter my Chapstick Cupcake giveaway here!!***

12 comments:

  1. Awesome list. Thanks for compiling your favourite balms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing list you've made. I enjoy reading your blog because there are so many lip balms that I've never even heard of that you mention. I love the unique names of these lip balms too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you're finding my blog useful =). I hope you are able to try some new balms from some really awesome shops!

      --Christina

      Delete
  3. Great job on compiling this list Christina! Many of your selections are my top balms for 2012 as well! Keep up the great work! And thank you for taking the time to do this for all of your readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise! I'm not surprised, we do have similar tastes in balms haha =).

      --Christina

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the great compilation. I am flattered that my balms are part of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Allison! Of course your balms would be part of it, I can't get enough of them!

      --Christina

      Delete
  5. I'm honored to have my lip balms included, and am glad that you enjoyed them so much! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jen! Thank you for making such amazing lip balms =). I love them!

      --Christina

      Delete
  6. Your best-of list inspired me to make my own! Can't wait to try out more balms this year. :)

    This is my post: http://tastespace.wordpress.com/2013/03/02/the-best-vegan-lip-balms/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I'm glad I could help! I hope you are able to try tons of good balms this year!

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...