Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bella Fresca

I've had these balms for quite a while now. I really wanted to try them, especially the Mango Orange, when I first saw them but the price tag always kept me at bay. But, since my birthday (at the time) was right around the corner, I thought I'd treat myself to these balms. However when they arrived I used one once and they've  pretty much gone untouched until now.

Company: Bella Fresca

Flavors: Lemon Sorbet and Mango Orange. The Lemon Sorbet smells lovely! Very lemony and sweet and light and fresh, definitely a scent I would look for in a lemon balm. The Mango Orange on the other hand doesn't smell like much and I think that's why it's really gone unused for so long. It smells very, very, very lightly of fruit, but I can't detect orange or mango in this balm. It's also very hard to detect a scent in this balm unlike in the Lemon Sorbet balm.

Wear: The balms arrived very gritty on top which is probably another thing that deterred me from using them. They're still pretty gritty, but they go on pretty smooth. They're a little oily for my liking, but a little goes a long way. I felt that even one swipe was almost too much, but I'm not a huge fan of how slippery they make my lips feel.

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized lip balm tubes. The labels on them look very sophisticated, yet simple. Very much like something I'd expect you to find in a spa or high end bath and body shop. The shop name and lip balm flavor are placed right on front.

Price: $4.50 a tube which is definitely way out of my price range for a balm and I think it's a lot to pay for one of these balms. I like to stay around $3.50 to $3.75 for a balm, and I do make exceptions for some of my favorite shops whose balms are $4 but any more than that is too much for me.

Overall
Pros: Lemon Sorbet, Packaging,
Cons: Mango Orange, Wear, Price

Rating: 3 out of 5 twists. These balms were okay, they weren't my favorites but they weren't all that terrible either. I'm not a fan of balms that are more on the oily side and I can't justify spending almost $5 on more of these balms. But don't let me deter you from trying out a balm from this shop if you're interested in them! I'm sure the other flavors in the shop are lovely!

Ingredients: Shea butter fruit, apricot kernel oil, cocoa seed butter, beeswax, olive fruit oil, jojoba seed oil, candelilla wax, almond oil, vitamin E, flavor oil, natural additive (as sweetener), yellow 5, red 6

Have you tried Bella Fresca balms before? What did you think of them?

***Don't forget to enter my Chapstick Cupcake giveaway here!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...