Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chapstick Cupcake Flavors!

Since Valentine's Day is just a few days away, I figured it would be a great time to review these amazing new limited edition Chapstick flavors that came out not too long ago! I really love the limited edition flavors that Chapstick comes out with, a few years ago my main balm was strawberry Chapstick, but some of these limited edition flavors put my classic strawberry flavor to shame!

Company: Chapstick

Flavors: Red Velvet and Cake Batter. The Velvet Cupcake smells exactly like moist, decadent, rich chocolate cake with a little bit of sweetness. The Cake Batter may very well be my newest favorite balm. I can't get over how great this balm smells! It smells just like cake batter, but super sugary and scrumptious and just fantastic. I'm not a fan of cake batter anything, I was never the one who wanted to lick the spoon when I was younger, so I was very surprised by this balm. Definitely one to try!

Wear: These balms both go on very smooth and glide right across my lips. They provide a nice protective barrier for my lips. I've found that they last about 2 hours which is pretty great.

Packaging: These limited edition balms come in your average sized lip balm tube with very subtle "cake" like patterns on the tube. I call them "cake" like patterns because I feel like whenever there is a commercial for some new dessert or something, they use a pattern similar to the ones found on these tubes. The caps also have a cupcake pictured on them.

Price: I think I paid somewhere between $1 and $2.50 per tube. If you can find them at Walmart they're usually $0.98, but I only have Walgreen's near me so it cost a bit more.

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons: Not natural

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. I really, really enjoyed these balms; a lot more than I thought I would! I would highly recommend trying either of these, they're really amazing!

Have you tried these Limited Edition Chapstick flavors yet?

***Don't forget to enter my Little Batch giveaway here!***

12 comments:

  1. I would LOVE a cake batter lip balm, but I won't buy this one because of the ingredients (not natural). Do you have any suggestions on another company that offers a great cake batter scent with natural ingredients? Have you tried the one from ForGoodnessGrape? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Casey!

      I just got my ForGoodnessGrape Cake Batter yesterday, it's a good Cake Batter balm but not as sweet or creamy as Chapstick's flavor. Bag Lunch's Slice of Birthday Cake is also similar to Chapstick's Cake Batter, but still doesn't smell as sweet. I just saw that Bungalow Bath and Body has a new Cake Batter flavor, so that may be worth trying. If you're looking for a sweeter scented balm that's similar to cake batter, maybe a shop's Buttercream flavor would be sweeter. Wicked Soaps' Bavarian Cream is a little like Chapstick's Cake Batter.

      Let me know if any of this helped or if you'd like for me to find something else! I know it's such a hassle when Chapstick comes out with a new flavor and you want a natural alternative.

      --Christina

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the heads up on the ForGoodnessGrape one. I will have to check out Bag Lunch, Bungalow, and Wicked Soap. I just ordered Epically Epic's Yellow Cake. It should come in today! I hope that's the cake batter scent I'm looking for. Thanks for your help! :)

      Delete
    3. No problem! Let me know if you need any more recommendations/suggestions for some new balms =).

      --Christina

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with your review Christina! These limited edition flavors are great to have for any lip balm addict!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of them! Denise, do you know of any natural balms that would be similar in scent to the cake batter Chapstick? Casey (comment above) is looking for something like it. The other cake-like balms I have just don't seem to be as sweet smelling as the Chapstick kind. Would you have any suggestions?

      --Christina

      Delete
    2. For an all natural balm I would recommend Willow Tree Minerals Cake Batter balm. It is not as strong as the Chapstick one, but still has a nice flavor. I also like the oval tubes and label design. It is part of there Bakery Collection!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Denise! I will check that one out! :)

      Delete
  3. I just broke down and ordered Chapstick's Cake Batter on eBay because I couldn't find it locally! I normally don't like petroleum in my balms but I'll make the exception for a wonderful flavor! This one sounds just fantastic! I also ordered the Cake Batter flavor from ForGoodnessGrape so I'm excited to try that one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish I wish I had known that you couldn't find these balms. I would have sent you one! I have seen then all over Southern CA.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, Trish! You should have told one of us! I can get my hands on them pretty easily here!

      You will LOVE the Cake Batter, it's so good!

      --Christina

      Delete
    3. Aww, thanks guys! If that ever happens again with a limited edition flavor I'll ask one of you to pick it up for me! In fact, I might do that when the limited edition Softlips Easter flavors come out! I think it's Jelly Bean and Chocolate Bunny. I must have those LOL!

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...