Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mary Kay Halloween Look

So this is something a little different that I haven't done in the past. A Mary Kay representative asked if I'd be interested in trying out one of their Halloween looks and I thought, sure I'll give it a shot! I didn't do anything for Halloween last year and we aren't doing anything this year except carving a pumpkin, we're just so busy around this time of year that we forget.

One of the options for a Halloween idea was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and this is the set I received to complete the look: Mary Kay® Ultimate Mascara™, Mary Kay® True Dimensions™ Wild About Pink, and Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color in Citrus Bloom. Now keep in mind, I'm naturally pretty tan and even though I'm a bit pale right now since it's Fall, I'm still pretty tan which makes it a little hard for me to pull of the Dorothy look since she's pretty pale. Oh yeah, and I also have nothing remotely close to Dorothy's clothes, so this post is just about the make up. This post is a combination of a review and showing you a look. Keep in mind I'm no makeup expert and usually only wear it on weekends. I was really nervous to put this up, so I hope you guys enjoy!

On the right: Mary Kay® True Dimensions™ Wild About Pink
on the left: Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color in Citrus Bloom
As you can see the blush barely showed up on my skin, and my inner arm is the palest part of my body. When I applied it to my face I had to apply a lot to get a little to show up. If you're not as tan as I am, this would probably show up on you great. It's lightweight and went on easily, despite being a little too light for my skin. 

The lipstick is a gorgeous pink color on my skin, but when I put it on my lips it kind of just looks like my normal lip color. Rob didn't even notice a difference when I asked him if he liked my lipstick. It adds a little bit of pinkness but without being crazy noticeable, this will be a good everyday lipstick for me. This is my second Mary Kay® True Dimensions™ lipstick and I'm definitely a fan! The formula is so wonderful, creamy and light weight. And believe it or not, it actually feels nourishing on my lips. 

The mascara went on nicely and made my eyelashes look great. No clumping or mess, each lash was separated nicely and coated evenly. I applies two coats of mascara for this look. I didn't use my eyelash curler which is why my eyelashes look a little flat.

Here is it all put on:



Not very Dorothy-like, I know, but that's just because I'm tan and the makeup didn't really show up on my skin. Oh and I also don't have any clothes similar to Dorothy's. This looks like an everyday look for me, and I like it! If you're like me and kind of just forget Halloween is happening, this could be a quick look for you to put together! It took almost no time at all to put my make up on and put my hair into braids. If you can get your hands on a dress similar to Dorothy's, a basket, and a stuffed (or real) dog...you'd be good to go! Oh and maybe some ruby slippers.

What do you think of this look? What will you be dressing up as for Halloween?
-------------------------------
These products for provided complimentary to me by a representative from Mary Kay, however all opinions are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...