Tuesday, November 6, 2012

C.O. Bigelow Orange Mentha Lip Shine

I've had this lip gloss for...just about forever. I think it was one of the first glosses I ever bought while shopping at Bath and Body Works. No it's not another Liplicious gloss (although I do admit, I sometimes really like those), but a C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries gloss! If you didn't know by now, I'm a pretty big fan of C.O. Bigelow. You can find my reviews on other C.O. Bigelow products here and here.

Company: C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries

Flavor: Orange and minty! This gloss is kinda like the best of two of my favorite flavors. It is very citrusy and orange and fresh yet still very minty! I love citrus and I love, love, love mint so this was a win in my book.

Wear: Like most glosses, this is semi liquid-y so how much goes on per swipe is pretty much up to you. It goes on smooth without being sticky and a little goes a long way! It's also most definitely a breath freshener since it contains peppermint oil. I love dual purpose lip glosses/balms! This gloss also goes on clear which is nice; it adds extra shine without any color.

Packaging: Again, like most glosses, these come in squeeze tubes with a slanted tip which comes in very handy for applying product to your lips. The tube is orange to match the flavor of the gloss and has a very old school apothecary font (I'm not sure if that's exactly what I mean, but that's what I get when I look at it!) and a description of the gloss on the front.

Price: $7.50 per tube, which as you know by now, I think is pretty steep for something that I don't wear on a daily basis.

Overall:
Pros: Flavor, Wear, Packaging
Cons: Price

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 squeezes; I like this gloss a lot, but I think I like C.O. Bigelow balms better. Obviously that won't deter me from purchasing more C.O. Bigelow glosses in the future, if they're on sale! I'm not sure if they're still making this gloss as I can't find it on their website or Bath and Body Works' website. But like most discontinued lip products, there's someone out there whose hoarding never opened ones that you can buy!

Ingredients: Polybutene, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, 100% natural Flavor (Aroma), Peppermint Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Sodium Saccharin, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Citral, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool

Have you tried C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries lip glosses before? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...