Thursday, November 1, 2012

More Long Winter Farm Balms!

If you don't know by now, I absolutely adore Long Winter Farm lip balms! They're some of the best I've ever used! They're so smooth and creamy and last forever, I just love everything about them!

Company: Long Winter Farm

Flavors: Cherry Almond, Turkish Delight, Black Honey, and Coconut. The Cherry Almond is wonderful! It's a distinct almond scent which is toned down a bit by the scent of cherry and light scent of cocoa. I don't usually enjoy almond balms, but this was surprisingly pleasant! I've never had the Turkish Delight candy before so I didn't really know what to expect of this lip balm, but I love all LWF balms so I had to give it a shot! What blew me away was that it was very floral-y, I didn't expect that at all! It's a light cocoa with a lot of floral, at least that's what it smells like to me. It's not my favorite, but that's just because I really don't like floral. I bought Black Honey knowing that there's honey scent in it, why did I choose to buy a balm when I know (and most of you know) that I hate honey? Because it's LWF and it just looked so pretty! This balm is supposed to be a mix of honey and blackberries; I'm so glad I don't smell the usual honey smell I get in other honey lip balms! The balm is light cocoa, black berries, with a touch of honey. It's a much more toned down balm, scent wise at least. The Coconut is a light, warm coconut scent mixed with the light scent of cocoa that is present in all of Amanda's balms.

Wear: Smooth! These balms are some of the smoothest I've ever used. There's absolutely no fight in this balm. Just a few swipes and you're good to go for at least two hours. Smooth, great coverage, long wear...what else could you ask for?

Packaging: These balms come in oval tubes, which as you probably know by now, I love! I feel like oval tubes just fit the contour of your lips much better than circular tubes. The labels have the flavor of the balm in a large and distinct font and has two sets of bands on each side of the tube which colors correspond to the flavor of the balm. The packaging is just so polished, simple, yet sticks out in my collection.

Price: $4 which usually is at the high end of my budget, but for a Long Winter Farm balm, it's totally worth it!

Overall:
Pros: Flavor variety, smooth application, oval tubes, price!
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists! I love, love, love Long Winter Farm balms and I stand by them and would recommend them to anyone and everyone who even maybe sorta likes lip balm even just a little bit. Because once you've used a Long Winter Farm balm, just once...you're hooked! These flavors may not be my absolute favorites from Amanda's shop, but they're still wonderful!

Ingredients: Natural Beeswax, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed & Jojoba Oils, Cocoa & Unrefined Shea Butters, Vitamin E, Flavor Oil

Have you tried Long Winter Farm balms before? What are your favorite flavors?

***Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win your own set of Alice in Wonderland eos Limited Edition Smooth Spheres! Giveaway can be found here and ends on November 3rd!***

2 comments:

  1. The names of the balms are quite interesting. Black honey sound like one I should try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Cherry Almond balm! Being an English lass, one of my favourite things is Bakewell Tart (an English cherry-almond pastry dessert, normally served with custard), and Amanda's balm tastes almost exactly the same! It's a wonder I didn't eat the tube! ;) I've had Black Honey on my to-try list for ages!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...