Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sakura Bath & Body

As you guys may have seen when I posted about the sale this past summer, Sakura Bath & Body had a huge sale on their lip balms. The balms were only $1.50 a piece! So I stocked up because I had always wanted to try these balms. Here's what I think...

Company: Sakura Bath & Body

Flavors: Peach Daiquiri, Strawberry Limeade, Sweet Berry Mimosa, Pina Colada, Blueberry Cheesecake, Coconut Lemongrass, Mango Peach, and Orange Cream. The Peach Daiquiri is a strong peach scent, which is nice because usually peach lip balms aren't that strong in scent. I LOVE the smell of the Strawberry Limeade, it's not too much lime or too much strawberry...it's just a perfect blend of the two. But not too overpowering in scent! I didn't really know what to expect of the Sweet Berry Mimosa since I hadn't ever seen this flavor in a lip balm before. This balm is very light in scent, you can definitely smell sweet, fresh berries mixed with a light champagne smell. I really like the sweet berry, it's quite pleasant! The Pina Colada is sweet pineapple mixed with coconut, but every now and then I catch a slight whiff of soap. Michelle threw in the Blueberry Cheesecake as a freebie which I thought was totally awesome! It was one of the balms I kept going back and forth on, so I was really glad to see it included in my order! It smells distinctly of blueberries, not so much the cheesecake part. I've recently decided I don't really like blueberry lip balms anymore because they're just never as good as the fruit, but that doesn't mean it won't work out for you! As many of you know, I love Coconut Lemongrass lip balms, they're so sweet and like candy to me, so it's usually one I try from most shops! The Coconut Lemongrass was a bit of a let down. It's very light compared to my other Coconut Lemongrass lip balms. It also smells a lot like soap and a little like something else, maybe chalk? I really didn't like this one which is rare for me. The Mango Peach smells perfume-y and like candles, I don't smell Mango or Peach at all which was surprising because the Peach Daiquiri was clearly peach! Another flavor I usually try from most shops is Orange Cream. The Orange Cream is a light citrus scent with a very rich vanilla cream scent. It smells light and wonderful.

Wear: These balms go on smooth and not too thin. Two swipes on top and on bottom and that's more than enough to get the balm on your lips. Most of these leave a soapy taste in my mouth though. I'm not sure why, but I can almost always smell soap and when I inhale through my mouth it's like I'm tasting soap. These balms last about 1.5 to 2 hours which is nice, except for the ones that are soapy!

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized tube with labels that are colored to match the flavor of the lip balm. The flavor of the balm is clearly stated on front in big letters so you can know which balm your usuing exactly. Three of the balms though are colored almost exactly the same which usually isn't a problem, but for someone like me who tries a bunch of flavors at once it can be a very small hassle to grab the wrong one. I did love the black tin that these balms came in though! It made them look so neat and pleasing to the eye.

Price: These balms are $3.50 a piece, but I was able to grab them up at $1.75 a piece because of the sale she was having.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, variety, smooth glide, simple packaging
Cons: Soap scent/taste

Rating: 3 out of 5 twists, these balms were okay. The soapy scent is what I couldn't get past when I put them on. Otherwise these balms smell so delicious!

Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Triglycerides of Caprylic/Capric Acid, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Flavor Oil, Natural Additive (As Sweetener)

Have you tried Sakura Bath & Body balms before? What did you think of them?


***Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win your own set of Alice in Wonderland eos Limited Edition Smooth Spheres! Giveaway can be found here and ends on November 3rd!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...