Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

So for our anniversary, my boyfriend and I had absolutely no plans. Usually every year we go see some big show and go to a fancy dinner, but this year because of the move we weren't able to do anything huge. We were disappointed a bit but were content enough to just be spending it together. We ended up just going to the mall to waste time before we went to Heaven's Dog for dinner (it was absolutely delicious and a fabulous anniversary dinner for us). I walked into Kiehl's because I've heard so many good things about their lip balm so I thought I'd check it out. I had no idea they actually had different flavors of their lip balm. I was really excited then because I spotted the Mango one almost immediately! I had to pick one other as a comparison as I always do and chose the Pear one.

Forgive me for the Instagram photo, I've been a bit obsessed
with Instagram lately because it's so much more convenient
to take a picture with my phone than to use my camera.
Company: Kiehl's

Flavors: Mango and Pear. The Mango is my absolute favorite out of these two. It's not exactly Mango but it does smell super sweet and fruity. It smells absolutely delicious, a nice tropical flavor. The Pear one smelled absolutely delicious in the store, but when I got mine home it didn't smell the same as the tester.  Mine smells almost like it's unscented. It's a very bland balm. There's a very, very, very subtle pear scent or something that is supposed to be pear but you have to try real hard to smell it. Pretty disappointed with the Pear one, I wish I had chosen the Cranberry one instead. 

Wear: Since these come in a squeeze tube you can decide how much to put on yourself.  They go on much thinner than my other squeeze tube lip balms but are still moisturizing. These balms also feel a little greasy compared to my other lip balms that come in squeeze tubes. They last about an hour or so, since they're thinner than my other balms they come off a lot easier during eating and drinking. It does have SPF though which I suppose is a plus.

Packaging: These balms come in white squeeze tubes with black writing and some writing that has the color of the labeled flavor. The backside of the tube has all of the "Drug Facts" in a color to match the indicated flavor. I hate these tubes for one reason only, there is no applicator tip. It's just the end of a squeeze tube similar to the end of a toothpaste tube. There's no slanted edge which makes applying a little annoying because I squeeze a little out on my lips and run the end of the tube over it and then have to rub my lips together and then run my fingers over to smooth in the excess; regardless, I always put on too much. I would put it right on my finger first but I really try to avoid that because germs freak me out and there's no way I can wash my hands before I apply lip balm every single time I need lip balm.

Price: $9 a tube, way out of my price range! But, it was our anniversary so my boyfriend bought them for me. Any other day I would have definitely passed these up.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, SPF 4
Cons: Price, Applicator, Thin

Rating: 3 out of 5 Twists. The Mango one is pretty good, but I'm not a huge fan of squeeze tube lip balms and definitely not if they don't have the right kind of applicator. If these were maybe $5 a piece instead of $9 my rating would be higher and I'd be more likely to purchase from them again. But $9 is way too much for me to spend on a lip balm on an average day; that's like 3 regular lip balms from anywhere else! So I suppose if you've got the cash, consider giving these a shot.

Ingredients: Octinoxate, Petrolatum, Squalane, Lanolin, Triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Allantoin, Propylparaben, Benzyl benzoate, Butylparaben, Limonene, Anise alcohol, Linalool, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...