Thursday, August 23, 2012

Softlips Lip Gloss

A while back, Softlips announced that they had made two lip glosses to accompany their laundry list of lip balm flavors. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit intrigued by this. One of my favorite lip balm companies making lip glosses? I had waited a long while before I purchased one. I had always seen the Pearl gloss around but I had never seen the Coral gloss, then one day I had stumbled upon it in a random section of the store and took it as a sign to try it! Here's the low down:

Company: Softlips

Flavors: Pearl Gloss and Coral Gloss. It's strange to do this category since these glosses don't really have flavors. The glosses have a mocha-y or vanilla scent, it's strange that it can be both but it has a very warm scent. It definitely doesn't smell bad, to me, my boyfriend, and my sister at least.

Wear: These glosses are applied with a wand with a felt/soft tip applicator. They go on very smooth and a little goes a long way. The coral is a nice reddish color and the pearl is a sheer gloss that doesn't really add any color. These glosses have SPF 10 and are moisturizing. I really like wearing these and I'm definitely not a gloss kind of person. They also last about two hours for a single application, if not longer, since I usually eat or drink after applying it.

Packaging: They come in a thin tube that is 0.15 fl oz. It's applicator, like stated above, is a wand with a slanted felt/soft tip applicator. You can see the color of the gloss directly through the tube which is great, so you know which one you are reaching for. The label is very simple; it is a clear label with Softlips in big letters with the type of gloss underneath it and SPF 10. The active ingredients and the company info is also included but what really sticks out is the company name which is nice. It gives the look of a very simply labeled package.


Price: $4 for one gloss, not too bad I suppose since it's a gloss and glosses are more expensive than lip balm. Also it's a moisturizing gloss that has SPF, which I haven't found anywhere else before, so the $4 price tag is totally worth it.

Overall:
Pros: Colors, wear, packaging, price
Cons:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists, these are pretty darn good glosses. I actually wear them pretty frequently which is very surprising since usually I buy a gloss, wear it once, and toss it into one of my drawers. I love the hint of color and shine to my lips.

Have you tried Softlips' glosses before? What did you think of them? 

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway here, it ends Saturday (8/25/12) at 10AM PST!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...