Thursday, December 20, 2012

Anderson Soap Company

I'm sure you've also seen this shop around on Etsy. I know I had seen it now and then and never really had any real push to try them until recently. They looked so pretty and I just wanted to try a couple. I am the Lip Balm Wrangler and trying new balms is my thing, after all!

Company: Anderson Soap Company

Flavor: Lemon Meringue, Passion Fruit, and Blueberry. The Lemon Meringue is SO sweet and creamy and smells so fresh. Seriously this is a wonderful lemony balm! If you're a fan of lemon in any way, this is a balm you want to try. All I can smell from the Passion Fruit is chocolate, which is probably from the cocoa butter that the balm is made from. I'm almost disappointed that I can't smell any Passion Fruit, except that the chocolate scent is so great! The Blueberry smells like fresh blueberries with a hint of cocoa. I've recently decided I don't really like blueberry lip balms anymore, but if you're a fan of blueberries, this may be the balm for you!

Wear: These balms go on really smooth and go on a bit thicker than usual which is fabulous because you don't need more than one or two swipes on each lip. My lips feel really smooth and moisturized when I wear one of these balms. I did notice something though that when trying to wear one of these balms after receiving these balms a month or two ago that they seemed a bit chalky but quickly returned to a moisturized, usable balm.

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized lip balm tube with labels that have a black and white floral pattern to them (similar to one of Epically Epic's lip balms) and a colored bar that matches the flavor of the balm. These balms are also filled over the top of the tube, so you get a little extra. The only downside is the labels on some of the balms can come off really easily, they're already starting to peel.

Price: $3 which isn't too bad for a natural lip balm!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons: Labels coming off

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. These balms are pretty good (the Lemon Meringue is my fave!), and they're super moisturizing. I wish the shop carried some more unique flavors, the flavors are pretty basic so if you're not into really out there scents, this is definitely a shop for you to check out!

Ingredients: Cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, beeswax, shea butter, vitamin e, flavor oil

Have you tried Anderson Soap Company balms before? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...