Thursday, December 27, 2012

Long Winter Farm...Again!

Hi all! I know you're probably hoping to see a review on those new wonderful custom balms I was sent this past week, but those are for another time. I've had these ones sitting in my collection for a while now, so it's about time I review them. I know you've heard little tid bits about them here and there, but now's time for the full review!

Company: Long Winter Farm

Flavors:
Pomegranate, White Chocolate, and Peppermint Hot Cocoa. The Pomegranate balm is a wonderful tart and cocoa-y balm. This balm is fruity, but not in an overwhelming fashion. The White Chocolate is an AMAZING white chocolate balm. Seriously, probably one of my most favorite white chocolate balms. It's super creamy and wonderful. If you like white chocolate, you will love this balm! Now for one of my most favorite balms of all time....the Peppermint Hot Cocoa. This balm is INCREDIBLE! Seriously, I was so sad last year that I wasn't able to get my hands on one of these, so when I saw it available for the first time this year, I jumped on it right away! This balm is so so so so so delicious and wonderful and amazing and...seriously..just get it. This balm is a perfect combination of cool mint and warm cocoa. This balm is perfect for cooler weather. I think this is a must-have winter essential! The mint is not crazy strong, instead it blends perfectly with the chocolatey scent also in the balm.

Wear: These balms go on SO creamy and smooth and really just sink into your lips. These balms really don't leave much to be desired, wear-wise. They just glide on your lips and lasts for hours. The oval tube allows for perfect application since they fit the contour of my lips!

Packaging: Each balm comes in an oval tube that is the same weight as your average sized lip balm. The labels clearly state the flavor of the balm as well as the company on the front. There are also two colored bands on each end of the tube that are colored to match the flavor of the balm. I also wanted to say that LWF balms are some of the only balms in which the plastic shrink wrap is placed on perfectly where you can take the wrap off the cap and still be able to protect the label without having to rip some off the bottom so you can still get access to the turny (twister?) thing at the bottom of the tube. One of my biggest pet peeves about lip balm packaging has got to be imperfect placement of the shrink wrap. Usually it just ends up getting in the way and I rip it all the way off!

Price: $4 per tube which is totally worth it for a LWF balm. Seriously, go try one.

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, SHRINK WRAP APPLICATION, Price!
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. There's really nothing else I could ask for from these balms. They are amazing. That is all. Oh yeah, and go buy some. You will love every single one, I promise!

Ingredients: Natural Beeswax, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, & Jojoba Oils, Cocoa & Unrefined Shea Butters, Vitamin E, Flavor Oil.

Which Long Winter Farm balm is your favorite? Or which Long Winter Farm balm are you dying to try?

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway here for your own 2-Pack of Softlips Jack Frosting!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...