Thursday, December 13, 2012

Little Batch

Alright, it's about time that I review one of my new favorite shops! I mean, I've been using one balm from this shop on a daily basis since I received it over a month ago. The balms from this shop are just wonderful! The shop may be closed for a little while while Jen has her baby and enjoys all the things that come with being a mother, but she will open again eventually and when she does, you can bet I'll be ready to order some more of her fabulous balms! I hope you're ready for a huge review because my first order was a big one!

Company: Little Batch

Flavors: Mint Chocolate Chip, New Jersey Cranberry, Orange Cream Soda, Coconut Milk and Peaches, Caramel Apple, Winter Frost, and Lemon Cheesecake. The Mint Chocolate Chip is a wonderful cocoa and mint balm! It's interesting because Jen used Semi Sweet Chocolate in this balm instead of normal milk chocolate so it's not as sweet as one would expect. It's actually very pleasant. If you're a fan of Chocolate and Mint concoctions, you'll like this balm! I didn't know what to think of the New Jersey Cranberry as I hadn't had a Cranberry balm before this one. I know I love dried cranberries so off of that notion, I ordered this balm. This balm is dead on sweet cranberry. It's wonderful! I hardly ever come across cranberry scented balms, so this was definitely a nice balm to try! The Orange Cream Soda is awesome! It's probably one of my favorites from this shop! It's lovely, citrusy orange with creamy vanilla. It's not crazy sweet, but smells amazing! The Coconut Milk and Peaches is probably the best Coconut Milk and Peaches balm I've ever smelled! The Peach scent is nice and fresh and sweet and strong, usually I find that the peach portion of these kind of balms is a bit washed out, but not in this balm! There is also a creamy coconut note to it which is just amazing. Definitely another favorite from this shop. The Caramel Apple is a fresh apple scent with a little bit of caramel sweetness to it. It's not the sticky sweet scent I was expecting (after falling in love with Orange Thyme's Caramel Apple balm). To me this balm smells a bit floral-y which may be why I'm a bit turned off from this one. The Winter Frost is by far MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! I love, love, love this balm. Seriously, amazing and wonderful! It is the most perfect blend of white chocolate and icy peppermint. Seriously, I love white chocolate and I love peppermint and had never, ever had that combination before. This balm is seriously the greatest thing ever. I was so happy to see that Jen also included a Lemon Cheesecake balm in my order. How is it that every time I'm going back and forth on a balm and decide not to try it, the shop owner always seems to read my mind and send it to me? It's crazy! This balm smells INCREDIBLE! Yes, all caps was definitely needed. The reason I often go back and forth on Lemon Cheesecake balms is because every time I've tried it, I was so disappointed. This one though, is amazing. It's strong in lemony goodness with a bit of creaminess from the cheesecake scent. It also smells a bit like a bakery treat. It's just wonderful.

Wear: These balms go on so easily as they're so smooth! Seriously, these glide on with ease. They cover beautifully and make my lips feel so soft and wonderful. They also last over 2 hours which is wonderful!

Packaging: These balms come in lovely oval tubes which, by now, everyone should know I love! They just fit the contour of my lips so perfectly! The labels on the balms are so simple, yet distinct. There are colored lines on the labels that match the flavor of the balm and the flavor of the balm is written nice and large right on the front of the tube. One thing I didn't like about the packaging is that the shrink wrap isn't smooth on the balm and I try to keep the shrink wrap on to protect the wrapper, but it kept getting in the way so I took the shrink wrap off. The labels though are paper and the ink rubs off really easily for me, so some of the ones I've been using more than others definitely show some wear on them. Also, the labels don't stick to the tube, so they come off really easily. I keep pressing the label back on it though to try to get it to stay.

Price: $4 which I'm more than willing to pay for one of these lovely balms!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Oval tubes, price, customer service
Cons: Paper labels, uneven shrink wrap

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists, these balms are definitely some of my favorite ones! I am SO glad I finally tried balms from this shop. I already have other balms for another review from this shop that I ordered after receiving this order. Seriously, when this shop re-opens, do yourself a favor and order a couple balms!

Ingredients: Beeswax, cocoa seed butter, shea butter, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, casto oil, vitamin E, flavor

Have you tried Little Batch balms before? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...