Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Simple Siren

I have always loved the way the photos of these balms looked which is what really attracted me to these balms in the first place. And then I saw the flavors and I just couldn't resist them any longer. I had to try these beautiful looking balms and I'm SO glad I did!

Company: The Simple Siren

Flavors: Tangerine Lime, Lemon Meringue, Mango Lassi, Blueberry Butter and The Wild One. First off, I just want to say I was completely shocked to find that there were not one, but TWO extras included in this order! One of which (The Blueberry Butter) I had been going back and forth on whether or not to order it and had decided not to, but I'm so so so happy I received it because it was great! To start us off is the Tangerine Lime. The second I saw this balm I knew it was going to be one of my first ones to try from this shop. This balm is a strong citrus scent. You can definitely tell there's sweet tangerine coupled with fresh limes in this balm. It's definitely a must have for any citrus lover. The Lemon Meringue was one I was really excited to try because, well, I love everything lemon! This balm is a light lemon bakery scent, like a combination of lemon and a little bit of vanilla. It smells so delicious! The Mango Lassi is definitely mango combined with spices to make the traditional drink. It's a very interesting scent! The Blueberry Butter is an amazing scent made up of blueberries and a little bit of vanilla. The blueberry scent isn't overpowering like it usually is in other balms, I think because of the vanilla, which is why I LOVE this balm. I know I've sworn off Blueberry balms recently, but this is one I definitely find myself reaching for. If you love blueberries, this one is a dead on fresh blueberry scent! Kat also included one of her The Wild One balms. This balm is a floral-y, rose scented balm. It smells really, really good, but everyone knows I'm not a huge fan of floral scents. So this will definitely be used in a future giveaway. It smells absolutely delicious! But I know if I tried it, I probably wouldn't like it.

Wear: These balms go on so smooth and melt right into your lips. Seriously, try these, your lips will thank you. My lips feel so nourished after using these balms. They're smooth, nourishing, and last you over 2 hours...what more could you ask for?

Packaging: I LOVE the way these balms look. They all have unique, yet similar looking labels. These balms come in your average sized lip balm tube but each label really gives the balm its spunk. Each label has the flavor of the balm written clearly on the front and each label has a different color scheme to it. Some balms are loud splashes of color that match the balm and others have cute illustrations on them. You really have to look in the pictures to see for yourself. These balms also have a really earthy feel to them if that makes sense? I like the way these labels feel too, they're paper but with a little bit of heft and texture to them. The labels are made out of quality paper!

Price: $5 per tube which is definitely out of my price range on a normal lip balm binge. I will have to wait for these balms to be on sale to purchase again, but if you've been eyeing them for a while, they're totally worth spending a little more and tryin' them! These balms are of higher quality and made from organic ingredients, but still $5 is pushing my budget a bit.

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging
Cons: Price

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists. Seriously, these balms are awesome and you'll be glad to have them among your collection! I know I am!

Right now you can save 15% off your purchase from The Simple Siren using code: HOLIDAYHAPPINESS through mid-December!

Ingredients: 
Tangerine Lime: Raw cocoa butter, raw shea butter, avocado oil, candelilla wax, tangerine oil, lime oil, orange powder, stevia powder
Lemon Meringue: Avocado oil, virgin coconut oil, raw shea butter, local beeswax, lemon peel, lemon oil, vanilla bean, olive oil, stevia powder
Mango Lassi: Coconut oil, shea butter, calendula infusion, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, vanilla oil, beeswax, organic mango flavor (olive oil, mango), stevia, vanilla bean
Blueberry Butter: Raw Shea butter, virgin coconut oil, sweet almond oil, local beeswax , golden jojoba oil, organic blueberry flavor, olive oil, vanilla bean, stevia
The Wild One: Cocoa butter, virgin coconut oil, avocado oil, virgin olive oil, beeswax, rose petal, rose hips, rose infusion, vanilla bean, vanilla bean infusion, stevia leaf

Have you tried Simple Siren balms before? What did you think of them?

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway here for your own stick of Softlips Marshmallow Ghost**

7 comments:

  1. I love all of Kat and Tony's balms. I have every flavor and they are all awesome! I also highly recommend her lip scrub tubes and pots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking into ordering one of her lip scrubs tonight, as well as some more lip balms =).

      --Christina

      Delete
  2. What great packaging! I've been wanting to try these balms for awhile now - I've had the Tangerine Lime in my Etsy cart forever! I'll probably break down and splurge sometime soon... haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! If you love citrus that is, because it definitely is citrusy! And you can save 15% right now using code: HolidayHappiness. Let me know if you decide to try it!

      --Christina

      Delete
  3. Each of these flavors has a different formula, do they feel different from one another? I'm curious how they compare to Upstate Herb Works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Valentine's order was a Tangerine Transcendence lip balm and a bath bomb. The tube I received is missing the spice as described so it's the same as the Tangerine Lime flavor, however it is nice and bold, and Kat included an extra bath bomb that smells great.

    I think the feel is good but does soften quickly when being applied so I dab it to avoid using too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, these balms are a little on the soft side and I find that a little goes a long way. I never realized how gentle I try to be with Simple Siren balms until you mentioned it!

      I hope you are enjoying your balm and bath bombs =).

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...