Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment

Hey Guys!
My name is Laura or “L” as I’m sometimes referred to by the Lip Balm Wrangler. I’m so excited to do a guest post on the blog and review some of my favorite lip balms! Anyways today I’ll be reviewing Fresh’s Sugar Lip Treatments, which is an expensive brand that I’ve been hooked on for a year or two now. Fresh has the standard Sugar Lip Treatment, which is clear and comes in the brown tube pictured, but they also expanded the line into the “tinted” balms, as well as the Advanced lip therapy, which comes in a white tube. The balms are all SPF 15 (except the Advanced Treatment) and all of them taste like brown sugar with a faint hint of lemon. Fresh claims on their website: “Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 is scientifically proven to keep lips moisturized for up to 6 hours after initial application” I guess I would agree with this, but I usually only wear it for 2 hours or so at a time. 
Company: Fresh

Flavors/Colors: SUGAR LIP TREATMENT SPF 15, SUGAR LIP TREATMENT ADVANCED THERAPY, SUGAR CORAL TINTED LIP TREATMENT SPF15, SUGAR HONEY TINTED LIP TREATMENT SPF 15, SUGAR PASSION TINTED LIP TREATMENT SPF15, SUGAR PLUM TINTED LIP TREATMENT SPF 15, SUGAR ROSE TINTED LIP TREATMENT SPF 15. I have the standard clear version, as well as the Rose tinted balm and the Advanced Therapy balm. I absolutely love the standard one and I believe the Advanced therapy balm is the same quality as the standard version even though Fresh advertises it as a better version that will plump your lips as well as fight off aging. I would suggest only buying the normal version as I’ve found the Advanced treatment really doesn’t do anything special to my lips! My favorite lip balm however is the Rose tinted version, the color is light and natural and so silky smooth! I wear it all the time and I don’t like lipstick or tinted lip balms. There are 4 other colors of the tinted balm: Coral, Honey, Passion and Plum. Fresh seems to be making different colors to accommodate everyone’s natural lip color. I haven’t tried the other 4 colors but I have seen them in the store. If you have darker skin I would recommend trying the Plum or Coral version, as they would pop more against your skin tone. Overall I love this brand and the only downside is the price!


Wear: Smooth application, almost butter-like, the scent lasts for around an hour or two, but if you lick your lips like I do maybe shorter!

Packaging: Brushed metal tube, twist off top, usually brown or light pastel shades for the tinted balms and white for the Advanced Therapy balm.

Price: $22.50 for the tinted and normal lip treatment, $25.00 for the Advanced Therapy treatment

Overall
Pros: Great lemon sugar flavor, buttery consistency, SPF 15, natural but lovely tints, extremely moisturizing
Cons: PRICE!!!

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists for everything except the price!

Ingredients (Standard lip treatment): ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE): 7.49%, OXYBENZONE (BENZOPHENONE-3): 2.00%

OTHER INGREDIENTS: BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED OLIVE OIL DECYL ESTERS, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, LIMONENE, CITRAL, SUCROSE TETRASTEARATE TRIACETATE, BENZYL BENZOATE, LINALOOL, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BHT, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, RIBES NIGRUM (BLACK CURRANT) SEED OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, GERANIOL, CITRONELLOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE <05039/A> 

Thanks so much for reading! Let me know what you guys think of these balms if you’ve tried them!

------------------------------------

Thank you so much, L, for writing such a great review!

------------------------------------
If you'd like to guest review, you can send your review to lipbalmwrangler@gmail.com. If I like it, I'll post it! Easy as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...