Thursday, July 12, 2012

H&M Blood Orange

Since I've posted about the other H&M lip balms I picked up about a month ago (the review can be found here), I've seen tons of Google searches for H&M's Blood Orange lip balm. It seems pretty popular since it's searched almost every day. I absolutely LOVE blood orange balms and was surprised I hadn't run across the blood orange one when I first purchased the other two lip balms. This past weekend before L's sister's wedding, I made a run to H&M and picked up the blood orange balm. Here's the low down:

Company: H&M

Flavor: Blood Orange. I was really hoping that this balm would be a real blood orange scent like I'm used to in other balms. I feel like this is more like pink lemonade mixed with a little bit of orange juice. I actually really like it. It's an interesting scent and even boyfriend approved! (My boyfriend does not like lip balm or the way it feels but this one he actually let me put on him willingly).

Wear: Even though this balm is in a pot, it actually covers pretty well. I feel that it goes on thicker than the other H&M pots;  I didn't have to repeatedly reach into the pot to apply it. It also comes out easier than the other H&M pots which makes it easier to apply. It lasts about an hour with repeated licking of the lips which isn't too bad, but I do like my balms to last a little bit longer. It sat in the car for a little while and was a little melted and came out way too easy but it solidified right back up.


The big dip in it was from when it sat in the car for about 45
minutes; I was going to apply it like usual pot balms but this
one was much easier to take out and apply.
Packaging: The balm is in a little pot that is pink on the outside with a black label on the top. The label has a tiger on it and it makes it really distinct within my collection. It's cute and little but with an edgy side to it.


Price: $3 which isn't so bad since the weight of it is 0.3oz/8 grams which is twice the weight of a normal tube of lip balm.


Overall:
Pros: Flavor, wear, packaging, price
Cons: Not natural or organic (but that's more a personal preference)

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 twists, for a potted balm this is probably my favorite one. It covers great, is easy to apply, and has a very pleasant scent. Next time you're in H&M you may want to try this one out!

Ingredients: Polybutene, ethyl hexyl palmitate, mineral oil, petrolatum, ceresin, synthetic wax, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, limonene, benzyl benzoate, linalool, citral, titanium dioxide, red 6, red 7, iron oxide. 

Have you tried any of the H&M balms yet? What did you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...