Thursday, July 12, 2012

More Burt's Bees!

Last week after I had posted my Burt's Bees review, I had a lot of recommendations flowing in as to which other Burt's Bees balms I should try. Of course I consider all recommendations given to me by my readers and choose which ones to act on when it is appropriate. I decided that I would give the other Burt's Bees balms a shot, perhaps they could sway me and think that not all Burt's Bees balms are like their Nourishing balm with Mango Butter and that maybe their balms could be all like the Refreshing with Grapefruit. I had my fingers crossed when I took off the first cap, just praying it would be fabulous. Let's just see how that turned out shall we?

Company: Burt's Bees

Flavors: Rejuvenating with Acai Berry and Replenishing with Pomegranate Oil. Everyone was completely right, the Acai Berry balm is fabulous! It reminds me of a wild berry lip balm of sorts. If you like berries, you'll definitely like this balm. I usually am not the biggest fan of Acai flavored balms (or beverages) but ever since I bought this balm, I can't stop using it! I received very mixed reviews on the Pomegranate balm and I didn't know what quite to expect. In the past, I have always expected pomegranate balms to be absolutely amazing since I love the fruit so much, but usually they are bitter or tart or just not very pleasing at all. I was hesitant to try this one especially with my sister saying it's not what you expect the entire time I was deciding if I'd buy it or not. It smells slightly of pomegranate but also kind of like baby powder to me. It's got a slightly tangy scent I think but it's hard to really pinpoint what this scent is. I don't hate it though. It's an odd balm but I actually kind of like it. I can't really say what it smells like exactly unfortunately.

Wear: True to Burt's Bees balms, these ones go on so smooth. Like butter on hot toast, it just melts onto your lips. I love putting on my Burt's Bees! They also last about two hours which is just fabulous. I don't know what else to say but these go on beautifully.


Packaging: The tubes are a golden color with a cap colored to match the flavor. Burt's Bees is in caps and right below it is a band that either says "Replenishing" or "Rejuvenating" or whatever else the balm is supposed to be (i.e. Refreshing from last week).


Price: About $3 for a tube. Not too shabby for a natural balm that goes on smooooothhh.


Overall:
Pros: Flavors, wear, long lasting, price, packaging
Cons: Nothing this time around


Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists. These balms are just wonderful, I'm kind of mad I waited so long to try them! If you like sweeter scented balms perhaps try the the Refreshing Grapefruit one or the Acai Berry one. You really can't go wrong with either balm!

Ingredients: 

Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, euterpe oleracea fruit oil**, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), anise alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, farnesol, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor **açaí berry

Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Have you tried either of these flavors before? Which one is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you like it! Definetly one of my favorites from Burt's Bees. :)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...