Thursday, July 19, 2012

New Long Winter Farm Soap Co. Balms!

Ever since I fell in love with my Long Winter Farm Soap Co. balms months ago (review can be found here), I've been eyeing more of them. I always happened to just miss purchasing some flavor or another and kind of gave up hope for a while. That was until Etsy allowed shop owners to increase the quantity of product to what they had in stock. Thanks to this I was finally able to snatch up some new balms! I'm eyeing even more right now and I know I shouldn't! Anyone who has fallen under the curse of loving Long Winter Farm Co. balms knows how I feel.

Company: Long Winter Farm Soap Co.

Flavors: Coconut Limeade, Raspberry Lime, and Loganberry. Keep in mind that each of these balms has an underlying cocoa scent/flavor because of the cocoa butter that goes into them. The Coconut Limeade is so very limey! I LOVE it! It's not TOO limey. There's a light touch of coconut but you have to take a big whiff to get it. A very nice and refreshing balm for summer. I think the Raspberry Lime is my absolute favorite out of the three. It is a PERFECT mix of tart raspberry and sour lime. I had waited forever for this one to come back in stock, it was totally worth the wait! Another perfect pick for summer. I didn't know what to expect of the Loganberry as I've never had one before. It's supposed to be a mix of raspberry and blackberry I think. You can definitely smell the berry but it is a bit on the perfume-y side of things. It also has the most cocoa-y scent of the three. I think this would be better for fall than summer, it seems warmer of the three if that makes any sense?


Wear: These go on so incredibly smooth. No other balm ever goes on like one of these balms. Until you've tried one of these balms, you haven't had a smooth balm (unless it's Orange Thyme, but that's another story). These melt right on your lips and feel just so creamy. They go on with precision and cover beautifully. There is absolutely no fight in this balm, glides on easy as pie (does that make sense here?).


Packaging: Wonderful oval tubes which contour to your lips perfectly. The labels on these balms have such a homey feel to them (if that makes sense?). The flavor name is large and in the center of the label and each label has four colored bands on each end (two of each color) that matches the color scheme of the flavor.


Price: $4 per tube. This is just a tad higher than I'd like to pay for a balm, but for these balms it's totally worth it. It's the only reason I don't buy them monthly, but every once in a while I let myself splurge and buy a couple of her balms.


Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Natural
Cons: Price?


Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists, I will always love these balms. They are just the smoothest and perfect for dry, chapped lips.

Ingredients: Natural Beeswax, Sweet Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Cocoa Butter, Unrefined Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Flavor Oil.


Have you tried Long Winter Farm Soap Co.? What are your favorite flavors?

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Amanda's balms! I can't wait to try Coconut Limeade! That's one I have on the way, along with Peach and Grape. Yum! :)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Coconut Limeade is fabulous! Let me know how the Peach is, I really want to try that one! Long Winter Farm is just plain awesome!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  2. So I got my balms today. :) Grape is definetly the stronger scented of the two. I love the scent of peach, but this balm has a VERY light peach scent. It still feels so smooth going on but not as much peach scent as I would like. Now the Grape is VERY grapey and delicious! Smells like actual green grapes too, not at all artificial. :)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so disappointing about the Peach. I LOVE peaches and was hoping it would be a stronger scent. I'm always hesitant about buying Grape balms because I don't like artificial grape scents or grape anything really besides real grape fruit and even then I only like green grapes. I feel like most balms are like red/purple grapes and not green grapes. Perhaps I'll have to check out the Grape flavor since it's like green grapes!

      Thanks for sharing!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...