Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Huge Haul of Balm Take 2


Hey all!

I know last week I posted about the huge haul of balm I ended up with and somehow this week I ended up with the same kind of deal! July has definitely been a crazy ton of lip balm buying for me and I definitely need to reign in my lip balm buying in the next couple of months (unless there's a big sale, of course). I thought you guys would like to take a peek at what I came home with this week.

The boyfriend and I went up to Wisconsin this past weekend to attend the Bristol Renaissance Fair. Since we had never been there before I asked him if he thought I'd be able to find some new lip balms there (I am The Lip Balm Wrangler after all, I can find lip balm anywhere!). He told me he doubted it...we all know who was right in this scenario. I came home with three new ones from the Renaissance Fair and found one at Mars' Cheese Castle (I told you, anywhere. I'm also a huge cheese addict.) When we were driving from the Ren Fair to Mars' Cheese Castle I saw this grocery store I'd never seen before called Woodman's. I was intrigued because I LOVE going to grocery stores I haven't been to before in hopes that they carry lip balms I don't already have (are there still any I don't have, haha). That's how this big pile came about:


These three are from the Ren Fair:



Can you guess where I got this one from?:

I also received my order from Hurraw! Balm:

And my order from Orange Thyme:

 And an order from For Goodness Grape:

There's a lot coming up these next couple of weeks so definitely stay tuned! 

Have you received anything new lately? Or tried any of these brands above?

--The Lip Balm Wrangler

8 comments:

  1. Ooh that new Carmex looks exciting! I love Carmex products for the winter time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the best one out of all the Carmex lip balms I have. But I'll have to test run all of the other ones to do a real comparison, so far though, I love it!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  2. Yay for Wisconsin! (I'm Wisconsin born, raised, living.) And yay for Bristol RenFaire! I've only been there once, which is crazy considering I love all things medieval. Did you take pics there? I'd love to see. :)

    Had to laugh at that Udder Stick. LOL

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wisconsin is just a short drive away from me and I love every chance I get to go up there because it's SO different from Chicago. I was so busy running around since we got there just 3.5 hours before it closed that I didn't get to take any pictures at all. I think I may have one of just a random setting but nothing really awesome =(. I took more pictures at Mars' Cheese Castle than the RenFaire haha.

      I laughed too when I first saw the Udder Stick but it really is a great lip balm!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the Palmer's Dark Chocolate and Peppermint lip butter!!! I used that CONSTANTLY when I lived in Australia, and boy was I distraught to find that no stores in Ontario sell it! :( Thankfully, I found someone on ebay who sold out of production and overstock lip balms/glosses, and I was able to buy some more. It's very petrolium-feeling though, which I never realized until I had gone back to some other balms. It feels great going on, but I found it did tend to dry out my lips a lot and need constant application.

    And YAY for finally getting For Goodness Grape!! I have another order on the way from Lisa, as well as I just bought my first lip balm from Orange Thyme. Can't wait to get them! :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that you couldn't find them near you, but at least you found an online seller! I'm glad I found a store that sells them (even if it is an hour and a half drive away). I'll definitely keep that shop in mind for the next time a lip balm I love goes out of production!

      Orange Thyme balms are the absolute BEST balms you'll ever try, I hate to say it, but they totally blow For Goodness Grape out of the water.

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
    2. Haha well there's a perfect example of subjective tastes! The consistency of Orange Thyme balms are lovely, but I dislike balms that don't have sweetener. I don't like the taste of them. So while I do love Orange Thyme's consistency, I prefer For Goodness Grape's flavour combos and the fact that she uses sweeteners to trick my brain into thinking that I taste what I smell! :) (also, I ordered the Lip Butter Pot in Smoothie flavour, and it tastes like soap! :( Very disappointed in that one)

      Delete
  4. Oh here's that seller on eBay in case you're interested (or haven't already got a boatload of lip balms, lol): http://stores.ebay.ca/Overstockmadness-123/LIP-BALMS-LIP-GLOSS-LIPSTICK-/_i.html?_fsub=501369013&_sid=683579113&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...