Thursday, July 19, 2012

More Epically Epic Soap Co. Balms!

As I said a little over a week ago, Epically Epic had a one day sale on lip balm! Of course I took advantage of this and tried to limit what I bought so I didn't go overboard (I then went on to order like 30 sticks of lip balm from different companies, oops. I'll be sure to post my haul when it all arrives.). I hope you all were able to take advantage of the sale!

(from left to right)
Sleepy Time, Vanilla Coke, Blueberry Lemonade.
Company: Epically Epic Soap Co.


Flavors: Blueberry Lemonade, Vanilla Coke, and Sleepy Time. The Blueberry Lemonade is a nice blend of sweet blueberries and fresh lemonade. The blueberry portion seems more natural blueberry than the sweetened blueberry I tend to find in balms. The lemon portion isn't as strong as I'd like (because I am a complete lemon fanatic and can never get a balm that is too lemony for me), but if you aren't completely crazy about lemon, this may be the balm for you! The Vanilla Coke is dead on Vanilla Coke! I usually don't try balms that aren't fruity because I typically don't like them, but after a reader told me how much she loved her Vanilla Coke balm, I had to try it! It's just the right amount of vanilla and cola, if you like the soft drink this is definitely one for you to try. I've been super, super stressed lately and my boyfriend's been trying to find anything for me to calm down, especially at night. I thought the Sleepy Time balm would be a great way to get me to calm down at night (yes, I'm an addict and will use any excuse to buy a new balm, sorry honey!). This is a perfect lightly scented spearmint balm, I can never sense chamomile in a balm but I do feel a little more at ease when I use this balm. I tend to use it right before bed to get ready for sleep! If you like balms that aren't super, super minty, this balm may be worth trying.


Wear: These glide on sooo smooth! They go on nice and thick and with such ease! Two swipes and you're done, perfection! These balms also last about two hours which is fabulous! My lips truly feel nourished when I use these.


Packaging: Clear tubes with very unique labels on them. The labels are mainly colored to match the flavor of the balm with side panels that are black and white floral print. Also the company name and lip balm flavor are right on the front of the balm so you're never guessing as to which balm you're using!


Price: $3.50 a piece which is not bad at all!


Overall:
Pros: Vegan, natural balm, price, packaging, wear, flavors, duration
Cons: Nothing!

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists, these balms are great! If you haven't tried them yet, you really should make this company one of the next ones you try! You won't be disappointed.

Ingredients: Pistachio Butter, Candelilla Wax, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Flavor, Natural Sweetener, Mineral Colorant. 


Did you take advantage of the Epically Epic sale? What balms did you choose?

10 comments:

  1. From the sale I got Vanilla Bean, Mango Lychee and Pink Frosting shimmer, which I love! Later I ordered the Bullfrog tint, Blueberry Lemonade and Passionfruit Orange Guava. Should be getting those and my Long Winter order today. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kicking myself for not ordering the Bullfrog tint when she was having the sale, ugh! But now I'm eyeing her Pineapple Sage and Honey Dew Peach so I'm thinking I have to purchase again soon anyway haha. You'll have to tell me how it is, along with your Long Winter Farm order!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  2. At first I loved my Epic balms, but after carrying them in my pocket for a couple days they got gritty. Apperently that happens to some natural balms when they get hot. Three different tubes have done it now and I had to trash them. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I loved my Epic balms, but after carrying them in my pocket for a couple days they got gritty. Apperently that happens to some natural balms when they get hot. Three different tubes have done it now and I had to trash them. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that =(. I never knew natural balms did that! I'm always so paranoid my balms are going to melt so I'm super OCD about protecting them and will now be even more protective of them in this summer heat!

      Thanks for sharing, hopefully others will heed your warning and protect their lip balms from melting!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  4. Glad that you were about to try the Vanilla Coke and some other Epic flavors. I just ordered the Honeydew Peach, Pineapple Sage and Cantaloupe Balms along with the new lip tint flavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know how you like those new flavors, I'm absolutely dying to try them! I may cave in and buy them, but I definitely shouldn't! I'd love some input on them before I purchase!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  5. I got my latest Epically Epic order today and love everything! You need to get the Bullfrog tint! The scent is a perfect mix of cherries and peaches and the color is very subtle and pretty. I absolutely love it! I have naturally very red lips and this tint just softens up the red a bit. I'm really happy with it. I think you'd like it. :)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I totally ordered the Bullfrog tint last night, I caved and purchased the Pineapple Sage and Honeydew Peach as well. I'm so excited to receive my order!

      I'm so glad to hear you're happy with your purchase!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  6. I'm always happy with my purchase from Epically Epic! Hope you like the Bullfrog tint as much as I do. :)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...