Thursday, September 27, 2012

Coquette Bath

A couple of weeks back, balms from this company were included in my shopping spree I had on Etsy. I was really excited to try these balms, but was disappointed when I ripped open my package to find that two balms I had ordered were not in my order. Two other balms that look almost identical in appearance took their places, but not to worry! I quickly contacted Cari and she was so amazing and sent replacements the next day. I LOVE when sellers are great with customer communication. Without further adieu...

Company: Coquette Bath

Flavors: Lemon Drop, Coconut Peach, Lemon Mint, Coconut Lemongrass, Vanilla Honey, Herbal. The Lemon Drop is a very light lemon scent, not as a strong as I would like (as most of you know by now, I LOVE lemon everything, the more lemony...the better!). The Coconut Peach is a wonderful combination of both fruits! You can definitely smell the coconut in the balm with slight undertones of peach, it's lovely. The Lemon Mint is just as good as I expected, sweet lemon with refreshing mint. Yum! Two of my favorite things in one balm, you definitely can't go wrong! The Coconut Lemongrass is just like all my other coconut lemongrass balms except not as strongly scented. It's sweet and candy-like; it's so hard to describe the scent but it's just amazingly delicious! I just wish this one was a bit stronger. The Vanilla Honey and Herbal were the two balms that were accidentally sent to me the first time, they do look EXACTLY like the Lemon Mint and Coconut Lemongrass. As you may also know by now, I do not like honey. I have given it so many chances, it's just not something I enjoy. So I only opened this one to sniff it, never used it. It smells just like vanilla and honey and is much more strongly scented than other balms. I'll probably use this in a giveaway in the near future. The Herbal is something I'm so glad was given to me by accident as I probably would have never tried it otherwise! It's supposed to be cinnamon, ginger, and peppermint--what a combination! I think it is exactly all those things, the cinnamon and peppermint are pretty distinct as they're both pretty strong scents and I can only tell the ginger every now and then.
You can see in these photos that the Coconut Lemongrass
and Lemon Mint are very close in how they look to the
Vanilla Honey and Herbal lip balms.

Wear: These balms go on a bit sticky, not as smooth as a lot of my other balms. There's a bit of a fight since it doesn't just glide on perfectly. I feel like I have to push it and go over my lips a few times to get some decent coverage. After it's on though, it lasts about 2 hours which is always good.

Packaging: The balms come in your average sized lip balm tube with labels that are colored to match the flavor of the lip balm. This is always good, but in this case the colors of the tubes are just too close to each other! I suppose if you don't order so many flavors that have the potential to come in the same colored label you'd be okay! The labels have a black panel with white flowers at the bottom and have the flavor of the balm in big writing underneath 'KISS' in big letters.

Price: $3.25 a piece of 3 tubes for $9 which is not too shabby!

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Long Lasting, Price, Customer Service
Cons: Labels look identical (not that bad, but when it causes a mix-up!), not a super smooth glide

Rating: 3 out of 5 balms; these balms were pretty good, but I wasn't terribly blown away by them (except for the Lemon Mint...Love!). Some of the flavor combinations are interesting (like the Herbal), but I like my balms to be a bit stronger in scent (which I know is a personal preference, but hey, it's my blog!). If there's a flavor you really want to try (like the Lemon Mint) or like balms that aren't crazy heavy on scent, definitely try this company out!

Ingredients: Beeswax, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Oil, Castor Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Flavor.

Have you tried Coquette Bath before? What did you think of them? What were your favorite flavors?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...