Thursday, September 6, 2012

ForGoodnessGrape

I've finally gotten around to reviewing ForGoodnessGrape's myself. Last month when I posted about ForGoodnessGrape having a sale, I wasn't too sure if I'd be purchasing from her yet or not. Lisa, the owner of ForGoodnessGrape, was gracious enough to send me a sample of one of her lip balms and one of her lip scrubs for me to try out. Of course, it was so hard to pick out one flavor out of her 180+ flavor options to choose from so as soon as I picked out flavors for my samples, I purchased two more lip balms for comparison.
Sugary Lip Scrub on left, Strawberry Tangerine
Lip Candy on right.

Company: ForGoodnessGrape

Flavors: Strawberry Tangerine, Mango, and Coconut Lemongrass for the lip balms and Queen of Hearts Strawberry for the lip scrub. The Strawberry Tangerine smells like a perfect blend of citrus and sweet strawberries. It's very lightly scented. I have to take a pretty good whiff of it to smell it. The Mango is very interesting, I don't know if it's really mango but it is really delicious! It smells just like candy and it's sweet and fruity, but I don't think it's exactly representative of the fruit. the Coconut Lemongrass is PHENOMENAL! I can't stop using it! It's dead on and just all around wonderful. It's very sweet like candy. I picked the Queen of Hearts Strawberry sugary lip scrub because I thought I'd pick a pretty safe flavor in case I didn't like it, you never know how certain companies flavors are going to turn out. To me it smells like Strawberry Pez, you know, the candy that comes in a dispenser where the candy pops out of the neck of the character? I personally like Pez so I loved the smell of this. It's very strawberry like.

Mango and Coconut Lemongrass Lip Candy
Wear: These balms go on pretty smooth and cover pretty well. It's not too thick and not too thin, it's just about right. What kind of stinks is that the balm only lasts about 45 minutes before I'm reapplying. It may be because there's sweetener in the balm which causes me to lick my lips. Also because of the sweetener and the licking, my lips are a lot drier so I have to reapply frequently. I don't really mind it so much because I really love the balms, but sometimes it drives me a little nuts. At first, I wasn't sure about how to apply the lip scrub properly, I'm now used to the scrubs that come in a pot that I apply with my finger so when my sister and I went to try this we used two different approaches. I used the tube to apply a little on my lips and then rub my lips together to exfoliate. My sister just used the scrub right out of the tube and moved it in circular motions to exfoliate her lips. I tried this method as well, it was much different from using a scrub in a pot. My lips were much softer afterwards though.


Sugary Lip Scrub
Packaging: The lip balms come in your average sized lip balm tube. The tubes are clear so you can see how much product is in there and the labels have colored bands that match the flavor.The flavor of the balm is in large letters on the front of the tube. The lip scrub comes in an oval tube that contains the same amount of product as your average sized lip balm tube. The tube is also clear with a similar label.

Price: The lip balms are $4 a piece and the lip scrubs are $7.75 a piece, the lip balms are a bit out of my price range and the lip scrubs are definitely out of my price range. Perhaps if I really wanted to try one of her flavors and it was a special treat for myself, I'd splurge on another lip scrub.

Overall:
Pros: Variety of flavors, smooth application, eye pleasing packaging
Cons: Price, Sweetener, not as long lasting

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 twists, if these balms fell more into the normal $3 to $3.50 price range and the lip scrub was in the $4 to $5 range I'd be a bit happier, but overall not too shabby. I was very pleased with each flavor! I'd definitely encourage you to try at least one flavor.

Ingredients: 
Lip Balms: Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Fragrance. 

Sugary Lip Scrub: Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Sugar, Fragrance.

Have you tried For Goodness Grape products before? What did you think of them?

--------------------------
Thank you SO much, Lisa, for sending me the Strawberry Tangerine lip balm and the Queen of Hearts Strawberry sugary lip scrub to try!
--------------------------
The Strawberry Tangerine lip balm and Queen of Hearts Strawberry Sugary lip scrub were sent to me complimentary of For Goodness Grape, but this review is based on my honest opinion on her products.

2 comments:

  1. I have a few For Goodness Grape balms. My favorite is the Spumoni flavor - it's so unique! But, I also have the same problem w/ having to constantly reapply. However, I very rarely lick my lips, especially with balm on.(I have a lip piercing - I've learned to avoid anything that could lead to chapped lips!). I guess it's just not very long lasting in general. And I agree, the prices are high and then there's high shipping costs for such small items. The balms are fairly enjoyable though, but I doubt I'll be ordering any more anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa's products are time and again the ones I keep going back to, despite having tried 29 different lip balm companies (and these are just the ones I've reviewed in the last 6 weeks or so). I also highly recommend Bungalow Bath & Body (http://www.etsy.com/shop/BungalowBathBody) and of course, Epically Epic (which you've already reviewed). Lisa's products last just as long as any of the other faves I currently own, and out of the 6 lip balms I currently have in rotation, 4 of them are hers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...