Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rachel Rene Bath & Body

As you saw a couple of weeks back, I received these balms in one of my hauls from Etsy (oh boy does that site get me in trouble, it's a love/hate relationship!). I had been recommended this company and was waiting for the perfect opportunity to buy them...but after seeing that the caps had clips on them, I quickly forgot about waiting for the perfect opportunity haha.
Love the clips on top!

Company: Rachel Rene Bath & Body

Flavors: Peach Lemonade, Mango Mango, Lemon Cupcake. The Peach Lemonade is so interesting! I have never seen this combination in a lip balm before, so I had no idea what to expect. There's definitely a sour and kind of tart yet sweet lemonade scent and a slight peach scent. It's wonderful! I do not like the Mango Mango at all. I don't know what it is about it, but the scent is very off. It smells like something fruity, but there's something in it that makes my stomach turn. I'm not sure if it's because it's the beeswax formula (the other two flavors are vegan friendly), but I just did not like it. The Lemon Cupcake is very nice though! It's definitely got the scent of a lemony dessert. It's not crazy overpowering in scent, so if you're not a fan of strongly scented balms, definitely give this one a shot!

Wear: The vegan formula balms go on SO lovely. They go on a bit thicker than other balms, just one or two swipes and you're good to go for at least two hours. They're so smooth and creamy, just wonderful! The beeswax formula though was a bit grainy, just adding to it's problems. I don't know why the beeswax one is the one I'm having problems with!

Packaging: Like I said before, these lip balm tubes come with clips on the caps! AMAZING! It's so convenient to be able to clip my lip balm to my keys. I've been looking for forever for something to allow me to do this. I love these caps because I didn't have to buy an extra gadget to attach my lip balm to my keys. Otherwise, these lip balms come in your average lip balm tubes which are white with white labels (the beeswax is clear with a white label). The labels are pretty simple, the company name, what type of lip balm (i.e. vegan), followed by the flavor of the balm, the ingredients, and the link to the shop.

Price: $9.50 for 3, not bad at all!

Overall:
Pros: Vegan Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price, Clips!
Cons: Beeswax flavor & wear

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists; I love these lip balms. The consistency is just fabulous, as well as the flavors. My experience with the beeswax lip balm will not deter me from purchasing from this company again in the future. I don't know what happened with my Mango Mango lip balm, but you may have a better experience with it!

Also, right now, you can save 10% on your order from the new website, which can be found here.

Ingredients: 
Vegan Formula: Castor Seed Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Aloe Leaf Extract, Carnauba Wax, Candelilla Wax, Flavor Oil and/or Essential Oil, Color.
Beeswax Formula: Soy Wax, Cocoa Butter, Beeswax, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Lip Safe Flavor Oil, and Vitamin E.

Have you tried Rachel Rene Bath & Body balms before? What did you think of them? Have you had a similar experience with the beeswax balms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...