Thursday, September 13, 2012

Whispering Willow

In July I did a ton of lip balm buying and came home with a bunch of huge hauls. From my first huge haul (found here) I received these lip balms. Whispering Willow had been one of the first lip balm shops I had ever looked at when I first started using Etsy, but never purchased from them. It might have been because most of their flavors are very basic and simple, but when they had a sale on their products in July, I figured it was just about time that I give them a try!

Company: Whispering Willow

Flavors: Lemon and Mint. These flavors are so wonderful! You'd think that they'd be your plain lip balms but both are pretty great! The Lemon is a great sweet lemony balm, so if you're like me and LOVE lemon anything, this will be one you want to try. The Mint balm is also a great example of what a mint balm should be. It's cool and crisp and just wonderful. It reminds me of double mint gum, which is totally yum!

Wear: These go on very smooth! And they go on so well! They go on a bit thicker than some of my other balms and it is just fabulous. It really feels like my lips are being nourished. The balms are very creamy and it really is just lovely!

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized lip balm tubes that have white labels. The white labels have a tree depicted on them and two color bands, one on the top and one on the top, that match the flavor of the balm inside the tube. It's strange, but awesome, the way these labels feel. They're matte and not waxy at all which makes them super smooth in my hand. I don't know if that's really weird or not, but these balms have the best labels I've ever felt!

Price: $6 for 2 or $10 for 4, both are great prices for a handmade, natural lip balm!

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price, Labels!
Cons: More Flavors!

Rating: 3 out of 5 twists. These balms are pretty great. Definitely worth trying especially if you're looking for a new staple balm to throw into your make-up bag or desk drawer.

Ingredients:
Lemon Lip Balm: organic beeswax, organic coconut oil, organic honey, organic lemon flavoring.
Mint Lip Balm: organic beeswax, organic coconut oil, organic honey, organic mint flavoring.

Have you tried Whispering Willow products before? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...