Thursday, September 13, 2012

More Honey House Naturals Lip Balm

One of the last weekends my boyfriend's parents were in town visiting us, we decided to visit Sonoma County and do a bit of wine tasting. This ended up being more of a cheese tasting since his mom and I are absolutely crazy about cheese. And true to my nature, I was continuously on the lookout for lip balm (as was my boyfriend and his mom because they know I'm absolutely crazy over lip balm). Within seconds of walking in the door of one of the wineries we went to, Sebastiani, I had already found lip balm. It wasn't a special one from the winery or anything, but it was one of my favorite lip balm companies and one of the harder ones for me to find in store. (The only other time I had found Honey House Naturals in store was in a hospital gift shop when my grandpa had a stroke last summer. The review for those can be found here.)

Company: Honey House Naturals 

Flavors: Vanilla Berry and Tangerine. Let me start off by saying that the flavors of these balms are just SO phenomenal. I love them. They're completely dead on and exactly what I expected. The Vanilla Berry is a wonderful blend of sweet berries and creamy vanilla. You get more berries in a whiff of balm than vanilla, but it's just a perfect touch of vanilla to calm down the berry scent. The Tangerine is even better. If you love citrus balms, this is definitely one you do NOT want to pass up. When I smell this one it's just like I just cut up an orange and the little citrus mist that comes with cutting into the peel has been released into the air. It's exactly like that. I picture ripe orange peels and the little mist that escapes into the air every time I smell it. It is the epitome of a tangerine balm. Just wonderful.

Wear: These balms go on amazingly. There's no other balm that goes on quite as well. It goes on thicker than most of my balms without being way too thick. It goes on so smooth and creamy. It's just wonderful, I love applying these! Sometimes I wish it didn't go on so thick just so I can keep applying it. It melts right into your lips, it's just wonderful! In one swipe you get great, proper coverage that lasts for hours. There's nothing more I could ask for.

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized lip balm tube which is black and covered in a gold, shiny label. The label reads in a black font the name of the company and 'Lip Butter' in big letters. Towards the cap on each tube is a colored band that indicates the balm's flavor. It's a very distinct looking balm.

Price: I think these were $4 where I picked them up, but from their website they retail for about $5. It's a bit higher at $5, but if you can find it at $4 a tube I think that's quite a steal. They're just that amazing!

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Coverage, Application, Packaging, Price ($4), Natural
Cons: Price ($5)

Rating: 5 out of 5 Twists; these balms are just absolutely phenomenal! Seriously, if you haven't tried these balms yet, you really need to!

Ingredients: Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Beeswax, Kukui Nut Oil, mango butter, ABS Pomegranate Sterols, Lipocire (Palm Kernal Oil), Compritol (natural thickener), Vitamin E, Essential Oil.

Have you used Honey House Naturals balms before? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...