Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sweet Creek Herbal Care

I've been buying tons and tons of lip balms the last two months! I really need to slow it down, but there are so many good and new flavors coming out because of the holidays that I can't resist! I think last month Sweet Creek Herbal Care offered free shipping so I took that as my sign to finally try Kathleen's balms! I've been recommended these balms so many times, it was about time I tried them. I had waited forever for these balms to arrive, and after about 13 days still hadn't received anything even though the package had shipped. On the 14th day, Kathleen messaged me to tell me that she had received the package back and it had been destroyed and the balms were missing. No wonder I never received them! Unfortunately when Kathleen got around to shipping my balms the second time, the one flavor I really wanted (Pineapple) was out of stock so she sent a replacement for it. Next time I'm definitely getting the Pineapple!

Company: Sweet Creek Herbal Care

Flavors: Maraschino Cherry, Banana Taffy, Vanilla Peach, Honeydew Melon, White Grapefruit, and Signature Garden. The Maraschino Cherry is awesome! It's a perfect cherry lip balm, I thought that it wasn't that Maraschino-y which I was a bit disappointed by because I LOVE Maraschino cherries, but after using it a few times it most definitely is Maraschino Cherry! I LOVE the Banana Taffy! This was the replacement Kathleen sent me since the Pineapple flavor was sold out and I am SO glad that she did. This balm reminds me of sweet banana candy, artificial and sugary. When I sniff it it reminds me of those banana Popsicles that come in twos that you split, if that makes sense. I really love those and this is a great representation of that. The Vanilla Peach most definitely smells like peaches with a very light vanilla scent. At first it didn't smell like how it should at all, even the boyfriend thought so, but if you're patient enough you can detect the vanilla. I kinda wish the vanilla was a bit stronger, but it's okay because usually I'm wishing the peach was stronger in peach combo lip balms! The Honeydew Melon is a very light honeydew scent which was a little disappointing since honeydews are probably my favorite fruit! But even regular honeydew doesn't have a crazy strong scent, so I can't really complain. It just wasn't exactly to my liking, I suppose. The White Grapefruit, however, is wonderful! It is light, tangy, citrusy, and sour all in one! I couldn't stop using this when I first received it. If you like citrus fruits, you'll definitely want to  check this one out! Kathleen also threw in an extra freebie to make up for all the trouble. She included Signature Garden, but as you all know I absolutely do not like floral lip balms. This is most definitely a floral lip balm, I definitely pick out lavender in it. I'll most likely use this balm as a giveaway balm in the future!

Wear: These balms go on pretty smooth and a little thin to me. They're a bit more liquidy/oily than my usual balms but not overpoweringly so. About two swipes on top and on bottom and you're good to go, so although they go on a bit thin, they still cover pretty well! The balms last about 2 hours which is pretty decent.

Packaging: These balms come in oval tubes (love!) and have paper labels on them. The labels aren't waxy or protected so I see these wearing away with frequent use. Some of the labels are already coming off some of the tubes. The labels are light green with little images that look like blades of grass around the section where the flavor is listed. The labels have the flavor of the balm on it as well as which formula the balm is since Kathleen has many different formulas for her lip balms.

Price: $3.25 for one tube, that's a great price for a natural balm!

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price, Customer Service
Cons:

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists, these balms are pretty great, I'd definitely buy from here again!

Ingredients: 
Vegan Lip Balm (Maraschino Cherry): Aloe extract in coconut oil, calendula in macadamia nut oil, sunflower oil, candelilla wax, t-50 tocopherols, natural flavor oil
Vegan Kokum Butter (Banana Taffy): Grape seed oil, aloe extract in coconut oil (aloe butter), calendula in macadamia nut oil, kokum butter, Candelilla wax, t-50 tocopherols, natural flavor oil
Vegan Calendula (Vanilla Peach): Aloe extract in coconut oil (aloe butter), grape seed oil, calendula in macadamia nut oil, Candelilla wax, t-50 tocopherols, flavor oils
Memu Oil Herbal (Honeydew Melon, Signature Garden): Aloe extract in coconut oil, beeswax, MEmu Oil, sunflower oil, t-50 tocopherols, natural flavor oil
Calendula (White Grapefruit): Aloe butter (aloe vera in coconut oil), calendula in macadamia nut oil, beexwax, organic sunflower oil, t-50 tocopherols, oil of white grapefruit rind

Have you tried Sweet Creek Herbal balms before? What flavor or formula is your favorite?

***Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win your own set of Alice in Wonderland eos Limited Edition Smooth Spheres! Giveaway can be found here***

2 comments:

  1. I love Sweet Creek balms! I'm currently on my 4th tube of maraschino cherry - and I don't often repeat buy balms! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy! In the last year I don't think I've finished more than even one tube! I can totally see why you buy that one so often, it's pretty wonderful =)

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...