Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ulta Lipsticks

A few weeks ago I was completely obsessed with buying red lipstick, specifically just red lipsticks. I figured it was time to change it up and pick other colors so that I didn't have 10 different shades of red with half of them looking exactly the same (please tell me I'm not the only one who does that). So one day when I was at ULTA with my sister, they're lipsticks were like $4 I think so I figured why not try two new colors that weren't red? Also, I apologize for the pictures, there were just so many I felt I needed to include that I had to make everything smaller to fit into the post so that there would be equal amounts of words to pictures and not just all pictures!

Company: ULTA

Bit of Berry (left) Precious
Pink (right)
Color: Bit of Berry (246) and Precious Pink (237). The Bit of Berry is a deeper pink color, kinda a little purple. While the Precious Pink is a lighter pink color, like a rosy pink to me. Both colors have a little bit of shimmer in them. These colors are great for every day wear, they don't stand out like crazy but they do add a little bit of something extra. Since my lips are darker, these only add a little touch of color. 

Wear: These lipsticks apply well, maybe two or three coats and I've achieved the color I wanted. What I like about these colors is that when they fade away, it doesn't seem like I need to go put on more because they are a more muted color so if it's wearing off it just looks like it's my natural lip color. 

Precious Pink (237)
Bit of Berry (246)

Packaging: These lipsticks come in shiny, dark gunmetal colored, metal tubes. They stick out pretty well out of my lipsticks. They're very shiny! These tubes are simple with nothing else written on them except ULTA. 

Price: These lipsticks are usually $8, but I was able to snag them up for about $4. I find these (and most other ULTA products) on sale quite often, so if you keep your eyes out for when they're on sale they're a steal! That's why I liked them so much, I could experiment with different colors without spending an arm and a leg.

Overall:
Pros: Color, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons: 

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 twists, these lipsticks were great and all, but there's something about them that keeps me from reaching for them when I want to wear lipstick. But, that could totally be because when I wear lipstick I like to go all out and immediately reach for one of my reds!

Have you tried ULTA lipsticks before? Which shades are your favorite?

***Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win your own set of Alice in Wonderland eos Limited Edition Smooth Spheres! Giveaway can be found here and ends on November 3rd!***

1 comment:

  1. Cute colors! There is an Ulta near me but I have never been.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...