Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

So this is something new I was thinking about trying...instead of my usual "Balms I've Got My Eye On" on Tuesdays (I'll switch them to Fridays), I thought I may switch it up a little and do some lip color/lip gloss reviews. I've been using lipsticks/lip colors a lot recently and I'm kinda lovin' it. I never really messed with lip color when I was a kid or in my teens, I think mostly because I was kind of a tom boy and really just loved eye shadow. I don't know what got me to do it, but a couple of weeks ago I just picked up some lip stick and other things and started playing around. What do you guys think of this idea? If you're completely opposed to it, this won't be a regular thing. I like to get your input on these things because, well...I do this for you! And I only want to post things you'd want to read.

Red Velvet





















Company: Revlon

Candy Apple, you can see the design pressed on the side of
the tube
Color: Candy Apple (035) and Red Velvet (040). The Candy Apple is a nice bright red. It's really nice, I was trying out red lipstick for the first time and I really liked it.The Red Velvet is a deeper, dark red color. It's nice when I'm feeling "edgy" I suppose haha. I'm really happy with both color choices. I'd really like to try the other colors they offer, maybe in some pinks and neutral colors.

Wear: Since these are a lip butter lip color, they go on very smooth! This was kind of my transition into lip colors since it went on like a balm. The color goes on nicely, about two coats and you've achieved the color of the lip butter. I like that it's still a bit moisturizing in the beginning since lipstick is just so drying. In the picture I thought it may be useful to show you what the colors look like on skin and on paper since I'm fairly tan and colors may look a bit different on my skin.

Packaging: These come in tubes with caps colored to match the color of the lip butter. Two sides of the case have grooves/ridges in them and the two other sides are smooth.
Left: Candy Apple Right: Red Velvet

Price: I think I paid about $6-7 for this, which is high compared to the lip balms I buy but I suppose that's not too bad for a lip stick since they cost more.

Overall:
Pros: Color, wear, packaging, price
Cons:

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. These are pretty great lip colors and I have been using them pretty frequently. I like that they're smooth and not just a lip stick, they could be a bit more like a lip butter though.

Have you tried these Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters before? What did you think of them? What do you think of me including reviews on lip sticks/lip glosses?

2 comments:

  1. I normally don't like lipsticks because my lips are already so red naturally that I have never really needed them. I do like to wear a nice nude shade every once in a while to tone down the red a bit. I have one Revlon Color Burst in Creamsicle and really like it! There are a few more shades I would like to try. I love that it isn't drying like most lipsticks.

    I say, bring on the lipstick and gloss reviews as well! Sometimes it's nice to glam it up a bit. :)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I've got your support on this! I'll try to do as good a job on my lipstick/lip gloss reviews as I do on my lip balm reviews. The only problem is I have SO many more lip balms I could review over lip sticks and I know so much more about how to gauge a lip balm than a lip stick since I use lip balms more. Oh well! It's something new to try =).

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...