Monday, October 22, 2012

The First Mini Monday 10.22.12

Hi all!

I have another new feature I'd like to start implementing in the blog this week. I realized over the last two weeks that I have SO many lip balms I need to review. Many of which are seasonal balms since we are well on our way into the fall season and I've actually been trying seasonal flavors. And as we progress into the big holiday months it also means we progress into big shopping months. I don't want you guys to hold back from buying from shops because I haven't reviewed them yet or you don't know anything about the balms or you want to know what the flavor is like. So I thought that I could start doing mini blurb-like posts on Mondays that give a sneak peak, if you will, to some balms with a fuller review to follow at a later date. What do you guys think of that? This way you'll get an overall idea of the balm/company and be better able to decide if you want to purchase or not. I'll do different flavors from different companies so that I'm not just focusing on one shop.

This week I thought that I would start with:

Orange Thyme's Caramel Apple
This balm reminds me exactly of a caramel apple. It's a tart and sour apple covered in ooey gooey delicious caramel. Reminds me of the sticky sweet without the stickiness! Wonderful balm!

Crazy Rumor's Candy Corn
This smells very sweet, very sugary! It also smells a bit like burnt sugar. I didn't know what to expect really since I've never ever ever had Candy Corn before.

Lippincott Soap's Bite Me (Black Cherry)
This is a FABULOUS black cherry balm! If you love black cherry anything or maybe even cherries in general, you'll like this balm. I don't usually like cherry balms, but this one is FABULOUS.

Upstate Herb Works' Mint Chocolate
This balm is AMAZING! Reminds of me an Andes mint, it is perfect rich chocolate blended with sweet mint. Love, love this balm!

That's all until next week!

--Christina

***Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win your own set of Alice in Wonderland eos Limited Edition Smooth Spheres! Giveaway can be found here.***

6 comments:

  1. Love your mini Monday's post! Great idea Christina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise! I'm glad you like it! There will definitely be more in the upcoming weeks =).

      --Christina

      Delete
  2. Eyeing that chocolate mint lip balm, and it's only $2 right now, good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally worth it! That's why I bought it =). Let me know how you like it if you decide to give it a try!

      --Christina

      Delete
    2. Finally ordered from UHW, really pleased with the consistency, it reminds me of BlueQ Get Real balm but it is a tad softer.

      I got the coffee and lavenderaide balms (mint chocolate was sold out but it's on their new website now), with the undeodorized cocoa butter I will be sticking with foody flavors that go well with chocolate.

      Delete
    3. Isn't the consistency just wonderful? I hope you'll try the mint chocolate in the future! It really is great!

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...