Tuesday, October 9, 2012

More Bath and Body Works Liplicious Lip Gloss!

Hi all!

Shortly after I wrote my last review on some BBW's Liplicious lip glosses, I purchased some new lip glosses I had had my eyes on for a while. But so many more lip balms popped up after that that I kind of forgot about my precious glosses. That is....until today. This is kind of why I wanted to start doing a special day for lip glosses and lipsticks so that my lip glosses just wouldn't go forgotten about in my collection. By doing these posts, it forces myself to have to look through all my lip glosses and lipsticks which I think is actually a good thing so they get some more use. These lip glosses are probably hard to find by now since I think they were summer flavors, but if you're super interested there's always a company somewhere on the Internet who has a few discontinued glosses.

Company: Bath and Body Works

Flavors: Wild Passionfruit, Coconut Guava, and Strawberry Mango. The Wild Passionfruit is AMAZING! It is crazy fruity and tropical. It's such a lovely gloss. It doesn't smell like my usual Passionfruit products, but I think I kind of like that about it. It also smells like there's a bit of citrus in there but I think that's just me. If you like super fruity and tropical glosses, this may be one for you to look for. In the Coconut Guava, you can definitely smell the coconut. It's much stronger than I remember, but it's nice. And there's a lighter, sweet fruit underneath which I'm assuming is the guava as this is a side by side lip gloss with one side with coconut and the other with guava. If you're a fan of coconut, this is one for you to try. The Strawberry Mango is my absolute FAVORITE lip gloss I've ever had! (Minus the old Mango Mai Tai that BBW used to make that I used to buy in hoards.) I went to FIVE different stores looking for this lip gloss, five stores in TWO states and ended up having to order it online. It is wonderful! Sweet, sweet strawberry combined with ripe, juicy mango. The scent is light and fruity and just all around amazing. It's honestly the best gloss I've ever bought. I could go on and on and on about it.

Wear: These glosses go on smooth across my lips since they're liquidy (because they're glosses) and go on thick enough that I only need one swipe on each lip to get pretty good coverage. These glosses make my lips shiny and have little bits of glitter in them that aren't obnoxious or super obvious. The glitters are pink, orange, and white in these glosses which basically blend into the color of my lips and aren't noticeable. They last for about an hour or so before I have to put more on, since they kind of get on everything I eat or drink.

Packaging: These glosses come in squeeze tubes with slanted tips for easy application. They're .47 fl oz. The Coconut Guava and Strawberry Mango are side by side glosses so each flavor is on one side of the tube so when you squeeze it out you get a mixture of both flavors. The tubes also have graphics ot match the flavor of the balm. I love the way these glosses look.

Price: $7.50-$8 a tube which is a bit out of my price range. They're usually buy 2, get 1 free which brings it down to about $5 a piece which isn't too bad since glosses usually cost more than lip balms. But sometimes I just want one and hate to shell out that much for just one tube of gloss that I won't use on a daily or weekly basis.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging
Cons: Price

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 squeezes. I was way beyond satisfied with the flavors of these lip glosses. Usually the flavors don't "wow" me and completely blow me away, but these three definitely do that! If you can find these online somewhere, I'd definitely recommend them!

Have you tried these glosses before? What are you favorite flavors?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...