Thursday, October 4, 2012

Additional Orange Thyme Balms

Okay, I'm addicted to Orange Thyme balms. I admit it...there, you happy now? I probably have more Orange Thyme balms than anyone, ever! I just can't stay away from them and I'm pretty sure I have almost every flavor and will continue to purchase more and more flavors from Rachel. They're just SO wonderful! There are few companies (Orange Thyme, Epically Epic, Long Winter Farm, etc) where I will continuously purchase from them time and time again, mostly without hesitation (my bank account hates me most of the time, so if it's not super necessary I have to take some time to think before I buy).

Company: Orange Thyme

Flavors: Blueberry Pomegranate, Chocolate Pomegranate, Peaches and Honey Cream, Grapefruit Strawberry, and Ginger Peach. I didn't really know what to expect of the Blueberry Pomegranate, since blueberry and pomegranate balms are so iffy when not combined. I think I smell a bit more blueberry in this than pomegranate, but regardless it's pretty nice! It's not too sweet and not too fruity; both of which I really enjoy in a balm, but I won't knock the flavor for personal preference. The Chocolate Pomegranate is a strong chocolate scent with nice undertones of sweet pomegranate. It reminds me of a chocolate covered cherry. It's quite pleasant! If you like chocolate, you'll like this one. The Peaches and Honey Cream is a nice light scent, you can definitely tell there's honey in there! I'm not a fan of honey so this isn't my favorite balm, but it is a nice sweet, creamy scent with a soft scent of peaches. It's slowly growing on me as I write this. I thought that I would really love the Grapefruit Strawberry because I thought the balm would be a sweet, fruity balm. I think I smell more Grapefruit in this balm than Strawberry, but it's not the sour and tart grapefruit that I was looking for. It also reminds me of a floral balm for some reason, I don't know why. It's not awful though! The Ginger Peach is probably my favorite balm out of the bunch! I've wanted this balm for a long time and I'm so glad I finally got it. It's a perfect blend of spicy ginger and sweet peach, but not crazy over powering on the ginger (which is great because I'm not a HUGE fan of ginger). It also smells like there's a bit of coconut in it for some reason; the coconut Rachel uses in her balm is pretty distinct and I can swear I smell it in mine!

Wear: These balms always go on so smooth and last forever! I've never had a single complaint with how these balms glide on. There's really not much else I can say about these.

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized lip balm tube with colored labels to match the indicated flavor. The labels have a cute little border around where the flavor name goes and the flavor name is displayed in a font that makes it look like it's hand written. I really like the design of these labels.

Price: $3.25 a piece, really not bad at all! Rachel also has a sale at least once per season.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price, everything!
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists! If you STILL haven't tried Orange Thyme balms, I don't know what you're waiting for! They're absolutely wonderful in every way. There are so many flavor options, there's got to be a flavor for every taste.

Ingredients: Cocoa & Shea Butters, Candelilla Wax, Natural and Essential Oils, Avocado Oil

What Orange Thyme flavors are your favorites? Which flavors are you still waiting to try?

6 comments:

  1. I am absolutely in love with Orange Thyme's balms too! I did a count yesterday and have 30 of them! There are still a bunch more I am wanting to try too. The Blueberry Pomegranate has been on my wish list for quite some time! I am waiting to place another order though because my order from September 13th still hasn't shipped. :( It was only for one balm because I'm kind of on a budget right now but I am really bummed with how long shipping is taking.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have that number or more haha! They're just SO addicting! I think you'll enjoy the Blueberry Pomegranate, it's not super sweet and fruity like her other ones so it's a nice change of pace. It really is a bummer your order still hasn't shipped =(. Have you tried e-mailing/convo-ing her again?

      --Christina

      Delete
    2. It seems as though her shop is down. I don't have her email address handy. But I still haven't heard from her and it hasn't shipped yet. :(

      Trish

      Delete
    3. I saw that earlier, I wonder what's happening! I've never seen her shop down before. I hope it all gets resolved soon! I wish I had her e-mail address to give you =(.

      --Christina

      Delete
  2. I noticed too that I haven't seen her on Etsy in a couple of weeks now. And she hasn't posted to her Facebook page since 9/17 but her direct shop on The Big Cartel is open with on about 10 items total. Perhaps she can be contacted there. I hope everything is okay with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's her email from her Facebook etsyorangethyme@gmail.com I too hope everything is okay. I haven't seen her on Etsy in a couple of weeks now. It does appear that her direct shop on the Big Cartel is open but with only a handful of products.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...