Tuesday, October 16, 2012

e.l.f. Tinted Lip Balms

As you may have read previously, I had a bad experience with an e.l.f. balm in the past. In case you missed it you can find it here. I was doing some make-up shopping with my baby sister (she's 15, but still a baby to me!) and we were checking out the e.l.f. products which is when I saw these babies. I was skeptical about trying them because of the last balm I tried by them, but I figured since these were the $3 balms and not the $1 balms, they might be better.

Company: eyes lips face (e.l.f.)

Color: I bought the Rose, Nude, and Clear formulas. The Rose is a beautiful rich red color. The Nude is a nice neutral tone, obviously they were not being tricky with these. I, of course, picked up a clear formula just to have a comparison of the formula without the color. It goes on clear (obviously). These balms also have a nice light minty scent to them which I very much enjoy! It's refreshing to have a scented lip color, since most lip sticks just smell the same and aren't at all appetizing (not that you should ever really eat your lipstick or lip balm).

Wear: These balms go on great! The colors are fabulous, you only need about two swipes on both lips to get a good color on your lips. They go on pretty smooth too which is nice. I like these especially because if I'm already wearing color on my lips, but my lips feel dry, I can put one of these on top to do a touch up (for some colors) and some nice moisturizing. They last a couple of hours and leave a slight color even when they've pretty much worn off which I kinda like because then the color is a bit more subtle. These also have SPF which is nice!

Packaging: I LOVE the packaging of these balms! They come in little metal tubes that are sleek to the touch. They look so polished, simple and to the point. The tubes are black with e.l.f. Lip Balm SPF15 on the front and they have slim bands around the middle that indicate the color of the balm. I really like the way these tubes look even if they're smaller than usual tubes of lip balm.

Price: $3 per tube, most definitely worth it! I think that's a very affordable price for a lip color, especially if you're like me and just getting into lip colors. These are great for just trying out new shades!

Overall:
Pros: Color, Wear, Packaging, Price, SPF
Cons:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists. These are great and I would most definitely recommend them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...