Thursday, October 4, 2012

Blue Q's Lip Shit

As you saw a couple weeks ago one of my best friends, Laura, brought back some lovely new lip balms for me from Canada and Maine. In case you missed it, you can find that post here. I don't usually like balms that come in tins, but I can't seem to stay away from the ones from Lip Shit (what a name, huh?). The flavor combinations are so awesome and just so unique, it's hard for me to resist using them despite not being in a tube. They have a couple more flavors I'd love to try!

Company: Blue Q Lip Shit

Flavors: Raspberry Lemongrass, Lemonade Hibiscus, and Coconut Basil. I didn't know what to expect of the Raspberry Lemongrass since I"m very used to the coconut lemongrass flavor of lip balms. The Raspberry Lemongrass is sweet and fragrant of tart raspberries and a little something else, which I'm assuming is the lemongrass. It's lovely, I use it many times a week! The Lemonade Hibiscus has a very clearly distinct lemonade scent, I love it! It's a sweet, sour fragrant lemonade with a little hint of floral from the Hibiscus..it would be a perfect balm in the summer. If you like lemonade or lemon anything, this is definitely one to try. I was iffy about the Coconut Basil because I was scared the basil would be too strong, but this flavor combination is amazing!! It's clearly sweet, rich coconut mixed with just a little bit of basil. My goodness is it AMAZING! I've never had basil before in a balm, but I'm totally digging it! All of their flavor combinations are so unique!

Wear: Since these come in tins you kind of decide how much to put on and how much balm that goes on your lips depends on how much pressure you apply when scooping the balm out of the tin. I actually dip my lips into the tin so I don't have to touch it. It looks silly, but it keeps the germs from my fingers away from my mouth! I circulate the tin along my bottom and top lips and by this method I get great coverage! Also, the lip balm lasts for 2+ hours on my lips. It's incredible!

Packaging: These balms come in little tins that are aluminum and silver colored on the outside with graphics on the label that are silly and a little out there. I get a retro vibe from them. They're so cute! The weight of the balms is .3oz/8.5g.

Price: $6.49 per tin, which is a bit steep for me for one tin, but it is the weight of 2 tubes of lip balm and the price of 2 lip balms if they were $3.25 a piece.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors!!, Wear, Packaging
Cons: Price

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists, these tins are awesome! I've never loved a lip balm tin before, but I L O V E these! A must try, at least once!

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Flavor, Lanolin, Vitamin E, Organic Comfrey Leaf Extract, Rosemary Extract.

Have you tried this lip balm company before? What did you think of them? Do you like lip balm tins or tubes better?

I just saw that they added a couple of new flavors to their line up today (10/4)! And one in their natural body line too!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, lady. What a great write up. I love that little tin too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I"m glad you enjoyed it. I love the new flavors that are available, I'm so tempted to buy all of them!

      --Christina

      Delete
  2. So glad I stumbled across your blog! I swear by my kiehl's lip balm. It's probably the only thing I can't leave the house without, but I'm keen to go out of my comfort zone and try some new stuff. Loving this, will be reading through your other reviews!

    Kely

    www.fivepointdusk.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kely!

      Welcome to the blog! I hope you are able to venture out and find some new favorites! If you ever need a recommendation, just let me know! I'm more than happy to help =).

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...